Thursday 24 October 2013

Quick review: Estelle & Thild Organic Lip Balm

Remember the very first Selfridges beauty box that everyone went a little crazy trying to get? Well I’m embarrassed to say that I was one of those people and this is a product from the box that I have only just got round to trying.
My favourite lip product ever is Blistex Intensive Moisturiser, which not only is cheap but repairs my dry lips overnight. However, it is not a balm but a cream, which makes it difficult to use throughout the day and I consider it more of a treatment when my lips are so dry and cracked that no balm will help.

Estelle & Thild’s Raspberry Lip Balm, however, sits nicely in the middle of being a barrier lip product, like Vaseline, and a more intensive treatment. When I apply at night, my lips feel soft and conditioned by morning but the effect isn’t that long lasting so application throughout the day is needed if your lips are as dry as mine.

I have seen descriptions that the balm is actually a balm/gloss hybrid but I don’t agree. It is not sticky and can be used as a base to lipstick as long as you give it a little time to sink in.

There are three varieties of the balm in total, the natural raspberry scented balm that I own, which smells gorgeous, and two tinted varieties.

Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Perfume (Raspberry), Blueberry Seed Oil, Vitamin E from Soya Beans, Iron Oxides, Natural Minerals,

I love that the ingredients are all things that I recognise and even though at £16 it is more expensive than lip products I would normally buy, I would consider repurchasing this since you get a generous 15ml of product for the money, so as long as I don’t lose it I expect this to last me a while.

Estelle & Thild’s organic lip balms can be purchased from Selfridges and other online sellers but I have also found it for £14 from Urban Retreat.

Is lip balm a save or splurge product for you? And which is your favourite?
Share:

1 comment

  1. This looks a nice product, thank you for sharing it. Although, I'm not sure I could ever justify the price. Definitely will look out for the brand though :-)


    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig