Thursday 2 April 2015

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Something happened as I neared 30: dark circles appeared. Actually, I think they were always there I just never noticed, or cared, and now concealing under my eyes is one of the things I can't skip on a daily basis.

This concealer from Nars is hands down the best I have ever used. The application, the wear, there isn't one area that it falls short for me.
I use the shade Custard (medium 1), which is a great match for my skin tone. It both brightens my under eye area and I can also use it to conceal blemishes.

There are a few things I love about this concealer:

1. It's creamy. Yes, the name gives that away and because it is creamy it is hydrating and easy to blend into the skin, which is particularly important for me for anything applied under my eye. Once it is there, you barely notice it, it looks and feels natural.

2. The colour doesn't oxidiseI hate to think of the number of times I tried to apply a concealer to blemishes alone only to end up highlighting them by having orange spots on my face.

3. It doesn't crease. This is a first for me with any under eye product, I was even told by a makeup artist trying to sell me her product that I wouldn't find a brand that doesn't crease under the eye (surprise, surprise I didn't walk away with that concealer).

4. It is buildable. On a day to day basis, I apply this only lightly and one layer for medium coverage, but it can be built up for a fuller coverage.

5. It stays put. On the most part, on particularly humid days I need a touch of powder to help.

I would recommend heading down to your local counter to have a colour match, there is a very generous shade collection so no one should be excluded. Having a colour match also gives you the opportunity to to just let it sit on the skin for a while, I was instantly convinced and had to purchase a back up since Nars is not available in the Middle East and it seems to frequently be out of stock in the UK with the much deserved hype that surrounds out.

Finally a brief note on the packaging, it is simple but elegant and most importantly the doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply directly on spots and under the eye. I use a brush to blend, but fingers work just as well.

The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer costs £22 and can be purchased from Space NK, Selfridges and Liberty. I heard rumours that Nars was coming back to the Middle East, but only in Dubai (of course).
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig