Monday 21 September 2015

Heal Gel Intensive


If I'm honest, this has been lurking in the cupboard for a while. I was ready to dismiss it as an overpriced and overhyped fad after I purchased it to use on acne scarring and it did nothing.

Until last week when I was a bit overzealous in my attempts to get rid of spot and ending up not only making the spot worse, but also developing a large area of red, raw irritated, chemical burnt-like skin around it. I've done this before, I don't know if I will ever learn just to leave spots alone and let them heal in their own time.

So I pulled out Heal Gel and decided I would see if it worked better on such irritated skin. I'm glad to report, it did. I applied it three times a day, first thing in the morning, when I got back from work, and then before bed and didn't use any other products other than a very gentle cleanser. Of course, as part of the natural healing process it still scabbed, but I expected to see a bad scar in its place and, so far, nothing. I do still have some redness there, but I'm hoping that will continue to heal.

I wouldn't describe it as a moisturising product and I probably would have been fine to apply a moisturiser on top of it. I did notice that my skin felt a little dry and was flaky around the damaged area, but, no doubt, this a result of irritating it so much.

I have the Intensive version of the product, which is meant for general soothing and repair, but there are also formulations for the eye, face, and body. The Intensive version costs £37.50 for 30ml, and can be purchased from the HealGel website.

I was really pleased that HealGel did prove to be a good product in the end. The brand was created by  British plastic and cosmetic surgeons and a dermatological biochemist. As an ex-scientist myself, I'm always happy to see and support a bit of applied science.

Share:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig