Friday 15 November 2013

Foreo Luna Mini Cleanser Review

As a BzzAgent I was very excited when I got the chance to test and review a new skin care tool, The Foreo Luna Mini.

The cleansing device using T-Sonic™ technology, essentially sonic pulsations, as "a radical new approach to cleansing that is both deeper and gentler at the same time”.
It is obvious to compare this to the Clarisonic but I will do that in a separate post and for now review the Luna in its own right.

The Luna Mini, as the name suggests, is a mini version of the Luna. The differences being, the size, the price and that the larger Luna has an anti-ageing element too. The mini comes in 5 colours, petal pink, turquoise blue, magenta, purple and cool grey.

The Luna Mini is palm sized and perfect for fitting in a make-up bag for weekends away and for keeping tucked away neatly in the bathroom cupboard.

It takes approximately one hour to charge the mini, via a USB, and there is a handy light to let you know when charging is complete. Having received this in October and using it twice a day since, I am yet to have to recharge it. Foreo say that the mini will do 300 uses before needing to recharge — that is 150 days if used twice a day.

The device itself is completely waterproof and is controlled by one button that switches the Foreo one and off and changes the speed setting, fast or slow. There is a timer to indicate the one minute cleansing time and in between four smaller beeps to indicate moving to another area of the face.

I would recommend using a creamy cleanser but most cleansers will work with the exception of balm cleansers, which tend to just stick in the bristles and make cleaning the Luna Mini a bit more difficult when otherwise you can just run it under a tap and leave it to dry. 

Rather than a brush, the Luna Mini is uses 1,300 silicone bristles, or touch points, that are nonabrasive to deep cleanse the skin. The touch points are of different sizes and spilt into 3 zones to cater for different skin types, although finding out which points are for which skin type isn’t easy since Foreo don’t say on the website.

Since my skin isn’t sensitive I have just rocked the mini back and forth while also going in circular motions to try and get all the benefits. Because of the shape I found it easy to work round my nose in particular.

Foreo says that after three days the device will give clearer, brighter and healthier-looking skin. My skin certainly feels smoother and I had that “fresh out of a facial” clean feeling. I didn't noticed any dramatic differences in the condition of my skin but having used a different cleansing tool for so long I don’t think I am in a position to, but when something doesn’t make my skin worse, I know it is doing a good job.

The Foreo Luna Mini costs £99 and can be purchased from Foreo online or in Selfridges stores. It is also worth noting that it comes with a 2-year limited warranty and a 10-year quality guarantee so you can feel a little reassured after the investment. I can’t imagine any one that buys this would be disappointed with how it works or the effect on their skin, plus unlike other cleansing tools this is a one off price as there is no need to repurchase brush heads.

I have five vouchers to share for 35% off that can be used until the end of this year, if you would like one drop me a comment below and I will pass it on, or feel free to let me know if you are tempted by any cleansing tools in general.
p.s I received the Luna Mini at a discounted price (£27) as part of a BzzAgent campaign.
Share:

5 comments

  1. Hey :) ive been looking to purchase the Luna mini, is it possible to be sent a voucher at
    pinky_mesha@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you for such a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for the review, i would like to purchase one of these please could you send me a discount to m.nasr@hotmail.co.uk ? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you so much for a great review! I would love to buy the Foreo Luna Mini! Please could you send me a voucher to claragreen96@hotmail.co.uk ? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, lovely review. If you have any voucher codes left pls could you send me one. hg_insane70@hotmail.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! Am so excited to try this. could i have that last voucher? My email is atoo.sa66@gmail.com. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig