Wednesday 21 November 2012

Beauty bloggers headquarters: November task

I decided to start taking part in the monthly tasks from Beauty Bloggers Headquarters — a blog, which has been created to help out bloggers and act as a community to share experiences and tips.

The first task from the headquarters is to share the story of how we started our blog.

Beauty Blogger Headquarters

How long have you been blogging?
I will be celebrating my two year blog birthday in January! 

What/who inspired you to start blogging?
My start to blogging is quite complex! In my case it was a combination of different things all at one time. I suffered from bad skin and had a day when I decided enough was enough and that I needed to sort out my skin once and for all! As I did this I discovered makeup, something I had avoided using because I didn't want to irritate my skin, and after spending so much time reading beauty blogs and watching YouTube videos I decided I wanted to start one too.

Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or "in the dark" about your blogging?
In the early days only my best friend and sister knew, eventually I started telling more friends and only told my family in the last month. My friends have always been very supportive and encouraging. As for family, I don’t think they really get it!

What goals or dreams did you have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them?
I didn’t set myself any targets and I never have. I always want to push myself and learn, so I like to try out different ideas for posts and just see what works and doesn’t, both by looking at stats and how much feedback I get.

If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be?
I'm not sure, maybe just to watch my spending!

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being a blogger?
My favourite thing has been meeting so many amazing people I making some really good friends. I also love that as part of the process I have been developed a passion for photography, learnt about blog designs and HTML and improved my writing.

What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it?
Being so insecure about my skin before I didn’t 'discover' makeup until a few years ago, so Discovering Beauty seemed to cover my new found love of makeup and my existing love of skincare.

If you are a blogger and would like to take part, head on over to the Beauty Blogger Headquarters page and add yourself to the list, also leave me a link to your post below so I can find out how you got started.

Share:

3 comments

  1. I love the name of your blog and how it relates to your story. I think there is a beauty in everything but sometimes we are oblivious to it so when it's discovered it's like an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pang, that's exactly it. I really appreciate your comment, it is so nice when people understand x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promote your website and blog - It's Free - http://vepromotion.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig