Thursday 6 June 2013

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Review

Long long ago I attended an event by DHC cosmetics, which is a brand from Japan and is one of the biggest Asian skincare and cosmetics brands.

I hadn’t heard of the brand before so the event was a nice introduction to the brand and their existing skincare line as well as new cosmetics collection (which I will be reviewing separately).

Their most famous product is the Deep Cleansing Oil. The oil is a water soluble based cleanser containing vitamin E and olive oil.

I was a bit concerned that with the hype around this product I would end up disappointed but I in fact I have been really impressed.
To use, you apply a small amount of oil to dry skin, massage your face and remove with water - I've been using either a damp muslin cloth or my Clarisonic. I've used this to remove eye makeup and although I was a bit nervous I didn't experience any irritation and my eye make dissolved immediately and was removed in one go. The cleansing process is quick and a small amount of product goes a long way.

The product smells just like olive oil, but the scent is light and not offensive. I haven't bothered to double cleanse with this because I haven't felt the need to, my skin is left clean and there is no oily residue on the skin. I've had no issue with break outs since using this.

The cleanser comes in three sizes, the smallest bottle is 30ml, and you pour it to get the oil but I the two larger bottles have a pump dispenser.

I love that the mini bottle is available for purchase so you can try the oil before you commit to a larger size. The price of the 30ml bottle is £4.50, 70ml is £11 and 200ml is £21.50, and they can be found on the DHC website.

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love this oil, definitely the best cleansing oil I've ever used. I'm quite interested to know how you use it with your Clarisonic though. Never really considered using it with a cleansing oil but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I do is massage the product onto my face as normal, so with my skin dry, and then wet the Clarisonic brush head and use that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you do, hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig