Sunday 16 June 2013

Birchbox June 2013

It’s that Birchbox time of the month again! This month’s box landed on my doorstep on the day of my exam making it a much needed treat.

I already knew from Twitter three things about this month's box:
1) that Birchbox had a redesign,
2) that the boxes were going to be personalised,
3) that the box had a festival theme.
Now I am not a festival goer and to be honest after finding out the theme I wasn’t looking forward to the box because I expected dry shampoo — or even worse, a dry shampoo for the body — and gimmicky makeup, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Inside this month’s box:
Beauty Protector, Protect & Detangle (full size £15)
Normally a hair product would have me sigh, but because I have curly and dry hair a product for detangling could be very useful. The spray also adds shine and is meant to protect hair from UVA damage and heat, which will be perfect if I go on holiday this year.

Color Club nail polish (full size £10)
I have never heard of Colour Club before and these shades are two of four exclusive-to-Birchbox colours. They aren’t shades I would pick out myself but they look very pretty in the magazine so I am curious to know how they will look. One polishes is meant to be given away to a friend to introduce them to Birchbox but I have decided to be greedy and keep both for myself! 

Green People sun lotion SPF 15 with tan accelerator (full size £17.50)
I can’t wait to try this, I am keen to find my perfect sun protection and even though this is a little expensive if it has the right texture I would consider purchasing it. I love the fact that it includes a tan accelerator, I have used separate tan accelerating products in the past and they are great if you want to look golden without spending as much time in the sun. 

ModelCo eye define eye pencil (full size £14) 
I was very pleased to see a make-up product included in this month’s box and I am always happy to try black eyeliners especially if they are budge-proof, as this one claims to be. I still haven’t repurchased my much loved Rimmel eyeliner, so it will be good to see if this can contend for best eyeliner.

Carole Franck Fluide Fraicheur Phyto-Hydrant (£47.50)
I am sure I have said before that I am always glad to have moisturiser samples. This one is on the pricy side but it is meant to provide all day hydration and can be used in place of a primer. 

Every brand in the box is new to me, which is exactly what I think these boxes are for, and there isn’t one thing in the box that I will not try. I do feel like the box is catered to me and I hope that continues for the rest of my subscription. 

As for the redesign I am not really fussed, I would have preferred if they got rid of the drawstring bag completely, it makes me feel guilty that I can’t reuse it in someway. 

What do you think of this month’s box and if you are not a subscriber are you now tempted?
Share:

5 comments

  1. wow! what an awesome box! I love that redesign, and the items are all great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA, I'd have been greedy too ;) I love the green!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s weird, I wonder why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you would too, how do you decide which to give?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been impressed every month with Birchbox so far, hopefully it continues. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig