Tuesday 25 June 2013

Nails of the Week: Color Club Mod in Manhatten

I’m in the depths of revision at the moment but I had to take some time out to sort out my nails, after all a break helps with productivity right?

Mod in Manhattan is one of the Color Club Wanderlust shades that I received in this month’s Birchbox.

I said in my post that neither of the colours I received are ones I would purchase myself. But this week I wanted something bright but clean — something that wouldn’t distract me too much in exams — and Mod in Manhattan is just that.

It is described as "a brilliant off-white that represents the glow of the mega-watt city at night.” But in my eyes colour is more of a cream, and in some lights borders on looking peachy.
The shade is chic and a nice twist on nude, it works well with any outfit and it is a colour I can see myself turning to a lot this summer.

The polish also doubles up as a base coat for the brighter polishes in the collection and I expect that it would work as a base to bring any bright colour to life.

To application needed two coats to be fully opaque in two coats and it has a sheen finish. It is one of those polishes that needs you to be very good at applying with one or two swipes as it starts to dry quickly and can smear. But I have been wearing it for 3 days so far and it has remained chip free.
Overall I am very impressed with Color Club and the shade, and I may even try the OPI colour I received in the May box in the hope that will be a pleasant surprise too. After the exams I’ll do something crazy and test out that London Calling green!

Color Club The Wanderlust Collection is £10 and exclusive to Birchbox.

Let me know, good or bad, what nail polish shade have you been surprised by?
Share:

1 comment

  1. Cream nails always look nice against darker skin. This would look nice for a pedicure too with some cute sandals :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig