Friday 23 May 2014

Quick review: Sampar Prodigal Pen (spot treatment)

I had one bridezilla moment just before the wedding. With three days to go and I had two awful, angry looking spots appear on my cheek. I tried a lot of home remedies and nothing was working, at this stage I had completely forgotten about anything I owned that might help and tweeted and text everyone I knew asking if there was a product that could make them disappear overnight.

Then All That Slap told me about Sampar's Prodigal Pen. The product can only be found in Marks and Spencer stores and my closest with my late-night opening hours was about half an hour away. It was 9.30 and I doubted I would get there before the 10pm closing time, so I ended up calling my uncle, who lives closer by and making a "bridal request" for him to go and get it for me. He very kindly did, but it turned out it wasn't in stock and I had to wait until the next day anyway to get it from another store! 

Once I had it, I re-applied it as often as I could. A great plus point is that the solution can be applied on top of makeup, without ruining it, which is very convenient. The rollerball and small size of the tube means you can get really precise application and while it didn't make my spots disappear in time for the wedding it did reduce the size and, more importantly, the redness considerably and that was enough for me.
Interestingly the product contains a lot of the ingredients that I had been trying as home remedies including cinnamon and other essential oils (lavender, savory, thyme, oregano, rosemary, cloves and sage). Consequentially, it smells amazing, and even now as I sit here typing I pick it up every so often to have a sniff. That said, I expect it is one of those love it or hate it smells, and if you aren't a fan of cinnamon you won't like this, but the smell only lingers briefly. 

At £18 for 6ml, it's not the cheapest of products, and not the most effective spot treatment I have tried. I still prefer S5's purity serum, which I forgot in the back of the cupboard! That said, this is much more travel friendly and is a good nice sized product to carry with you at all times incase a spot appears randomly. 

Sampar Prodigual Pen can be found in M&S stores and online, here as well as from FeelUnique

What's your go to spot buster? And can you recommend any good home remedies?

Share:

2 comments

  1. It worked great because I couldn't even tell you had spots on your face on the day, even before the make up! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really does work on the spots!

    http://cyclicx.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig