Sunday 25 May 2014

What's in my holiday makeup bag

If I have to find a positive thing about packing a holiday makeup bag I would say that it forces you to for however long you are away to to give some real love to just a few products. At least that is the intention this time round.

I've packed one of every essential and good or bad that is what I will be wearing on my face for the next seven days.
For my base I have been loving using Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, I will save the detail for a full review, but it has been a long time since I have been so impressed with a base product. I know this will keep me looking fresh throughout the holiday. To accompany that I am also taking the CC Eye Cream, which I don't love as much, but the two really work well together.
On my cheeks will be a combination of Pur Mineral Glow, my go-to bronzer at the moment, and Benefit's Coralista. As you can probably tell from the packaging, this has been with me to many places. Even though my blush collection is slowly growing, I always come back to this. Finally to highlight, I've taken a sample size of Benefit's Sun Beam to test.

I've packed one palette that hasn't had any usage since last summer, Smashbox Heatwave, I don't know how many days I will do a full eye look, but this is a good day to night palette and it definitely has that holiday feel to it. I've taken my favourite eyeliner of all time to go with that, Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof, and my current mascara, Pur Minerals Big Blink.
Finally the lips, and only two products to play with. Both my recent purchases from Dubai and both long-lasting formulas, Sephora's cream lip stain in the shade Infinite Rose and Urban Decay's Fiend lipstick. I don't really want to worry about reapplication too much as we tour and I know these are up to the task of staying put.
Of course I have also thrown in my standard brow kit, Beautiful Brows, a Smashbox lid primer and the minimum number of makeup brushes I think I can get away with. The only product I threw in on a whim was MAC Fix+, again a recent purchase and one I haven't had too much time to experiment with so this holiday may be just the right time.

So, when it comes to holiday makeup do like to go minimal or have lots of options? Let me know.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig