Monday 5 May 2014

Another late post: April Birchbox

This will be my last Birchbox post, I only have a few months of my subscription left and I am not able to receive them directly anymore anyway, but more than that I am finding myself bored - bored writing the posts and bored of the boxes themselves. That said I could do with a beauty box now more than ever since there was only so much of my stash I could bring with me and there isn't access to a lot of brands here.

I skipped writing about the March Birchbox altogether as there was only one product I was interested. Since the April box was brought over to me by family I thought I would cover this it and luckily it is a little more exciting than last month.

So what was in the box:
The Balm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream (full price £26)

A truly miniature sized sample. I received Pie, which is a bright coral shade. I've never quite got the hang of how to apply cream products, so we will see if this is any different.
RMK Makeup Base (full size £28)
Anything that might make my makeup last in this heat is worth a try. Everything seems to melt off my face now and the more primers I can test the better. The sample is a generous size so I hope to get a good idea of what this can do. 
Color Club Gala Gems Nail Polish (£15 for a set of 4)
Subscribers got to choose the color of the nail polish they received this month, which I thought was a great idea, it is always rubbish when there are colour options and you manage to get your least favourite. I opted for the off-white pearl shade, which I expect will look great in the sunshine.
Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Body Butter (full size £27)
I could smell this without even taking the protective film off. I know it is going to be a treat to use, but not something I would repurchase because of the price.
Yin Yang Natural Moisturiser (full size £13.95)
A new brand to me and a nice sized sample to try for normal to dry skin types. The ingredients list looks interesting including; coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and witch hazel, so I am looking forward to trying this.
Lifestyle Extra
Propercorn
I hid this from the husband straight away, I miss Propercorn and I am glad to have a small bag to treat myself to next time I need a pick me up. A nice new flavour to try too.

I'd love to know, are you a loyal beauty box subscriber and what is it that keeps you hooked?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig