Monday 10 June 2013

Sample session: Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation

I’ve really tried hard to love this product. But I just don’t. I’ve applied it sparingly, slapped it on, buffed it in, let it settle, but whatever I do I can’t seem to achieve that flawless skin everyone else describes.

The No Foundation Foundation by Perricone MD is meant to correct skin undertones, blur lines, wrinkles and pores and offer all-day moisture with an even, dewy finish. It also contains lots of anti-ageing ingredients to help to firm skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles over time.
The first few times I used this my skin was at its worse, lots of spots and scars and the dewy formula just made me look greasy. The orange tint it left my skin also did nothing to tone down the look of the spots and I didn’t notice any reduction in the appearance of my pores.

So I decided to let my skin settle and try again. This time it did even out my skin tone but the orange hue remained. I did hope that by leaving it to settle product would adapt to my skin tone but I didn’t find this to be the case.
My conclusion is that if you have flawless skin the first place and need the security that comes with applying something on your face then this is for you. But if you are someone looking for more coverage, then this wouldn’t work. That being said if the colour does work for you this would be a great choice to use on holiday — although it wouldn’t provide much in the way of coverage the skin benefits would make up for that. 

At £47 for a full size bottle, this isn’t something I would repurchase right now. If I ever achieve my goal of flawless skin it may be something I revisit but only because I would want to benefit from the ingredients it contains. 

Let me know if you have tried this and what you thought, am I using it all wrong? 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've always been intrigued by this, but at the same time thought it was maybe a bit gimmicky. It must work for some people due to the amount of positive reviews it gets but I can't help thinking it's just a overpriced tinted moisturiser! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is really expensive, and orange?! I'd probably use a bb cream, maybe even with flawless skin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d love to ultimately go without makeup….but I’d probably use something, after all this time it would just feel strange! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea it definitely fits into the tinted moisturiser category but I have tried nicer ones. Thank you for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig