Tuesday 10 September 2013

Skincare Tag

I seem to have hit a bit of a blogging block, I have lots of posts nearly there, lots of plans and ideas but something is stopping me seeing them through.

I’ve always enjoyed a good tag post and although I wasn’t specifically tagged to do this I thought I would anyway to ease myself back into blogging regularly again.
Describe your skincare routine in 5 words.
Cleanse, treat, treat again, moisturise, protect.

What’s your skin type? 
This seems to be ever changing at the moment but I think I am transitioning from dry into a combination skin type.

What’s your favourite skincare product? 
Alpha H’s Liquid Gold, nothing has ever been so transforming.

Top Blemish Zapper? 
This has newly taken the top spot, but S5 Skincare’s Blemish Serum. It is gentle but really effective.

Face Wipes, yay or nay? 
A big Nay! They are only good in emergency situations or as a pre-first cleanse. Personally, if I have them around I get lazy, because they give you a false sense that you are cleansing your skin.

Toner, yay or nay? 
I think it depends on the toner. I really like toners that are benefiting the condition of your skin, toners don’t need to be about removing the last traces of makeup anymore, I believe we have good enough cleansers to do that. So if the toner is exfoliating or hydrating I say yay.

High-end skincare or high-end makeup? 
High-end skincare. Ultimately I want to be able to walk around make-up free and feel great about my skin, of course you probably could achieve this with high-street skincare products but as yet I haven’t found anything that works really well for me.

What’s the most unusual skincare product you’ve tried? 
Tough question! The product that springs to mind are Spot Dots, I used to get them in bulk at Tesco and they saved me in my teens, essentially they were little stickers soaked in salicylic acid, which you left on a spot overnight and by the morning they were gone. I've used similar products since but none have worked as well because at some point in the night they end up stuck somewhere other than your spot.

Tell us your top skincare tip 
Find a routine you enjoy, that way you'll get the best results.

I hope you have enjoyed this tag, feel free to respond with your answers and let me know if you do in the comments. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig