Friday 30 August 2013

Steamcream

Simple quality skincare is what Steamcream promises and that is exactly what it provides.

These little pots of lovely contain a thick yet light-weight moisturiser suitable for use on the face, body and hands. 

Before attending a PR event I had already been using Steamcream for over a fortnight. But the event showed me just how amazing and versatile the cream is and gave me a chance to see how the cream is made. Made in the Devon fresh each day, the process of making the cream is how I imagine cheese being made.

The cream is made from a steam process, which fuses the ingredients instantly, holding them together, and is what makes the cream more effective. The cream contains a mix of essential oils, cocoa butter and oatmeal along with other natural and sustainable ingredients, but it does contain some preservatives. 

As a moisturiser it does a great job of keeping my dry skin hydrated. The cream smells beautifully oaty and absorbs into the skin quickly, leaving no sticky residue.At the event I learnt that mixing the cream with foundation, sugar/sat or porridge oats can give you a tinted moisturiser, exfoliator or face mask. Because it is so versatile it is great to keep in your handbag or take on holiday as a space saver.

Alone it can also be used as a cleanser or makeup remover and as a hair mask and shaving cream. I have since tested it out as a makeup remover and while I wouldn't use it every day it would be a good option if you were in a fix. 

It wouldn't be a review without mentioning the tin containers. I love them! Streamcream are always releasing new, limited edition designs and although the tins can be recycled, the brand encourages people to reuse them. Personally I can on using mine as hairpin storage.
Each tin costs £12.95 and can be found in Topshop, John Lewis, Debenhams and some other department stores but if you keep an eye on the Steamcream website they tend to have offers to buy multiples making each tin greater value for money. How quickly you get through a tin is going to depend on how you use it, if you only used it as a facial moisturiser I would expect it to last over 3 months, which I think makes it great value for money.

Tempted?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig