Tuesday 27 August 2013

Quick review: S5 blemish serum

S5 is a skin care brand I have only recently discovered but I am a so glad I have. Made of certified organic cosmeceuticals the products contain no nasties, such as parabens and mineral oil.

I am using a few products from the range at the moment but I just wanted to highlight a product that has been a skin saviour this summer. 
With the hot summer nights I was finding that I had small breakouts and small breakouts mean a high risk of scarring for my sensitive skin. Purity serum is a targeted breakout treatment and it works wonders at reducing spots and redness overnight.

I first discovered just how good the serum was after I was invited to have a mini facial. On the day I had a small breakout on my cheek and the next morning it had almost completely cleared.

The serum is 99.65% organic and contains 2% salicylic acid and alpine epilobium flesisheri, which is meant to reduce oil production by over half and decreases pore size while reducing inflammation.
Being salicylic acid, it can be drying so I only apply to areas that need it. A small drop is enough for the whole face and combined with the replenishing serum and balance fluid moisturiser I’ve been able to keep my face moisturised.
I love that the serum can be purchased in both a small (10ml) and larger size (30ml). The small size is £9/£10, which means if you want to trial it before spending £44 for the larger size, you can without any guilt.

S5 can be purchased online or from Beauty Bay and Selfridges.

I will be reviewing some more products from S5 very soon, in the mean time let me know what your summer skin saviour has been.


p.s I was gifted the serum for review but my experience is my honest opinion.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig