Tuesday 13 August 2013

Birchbox August 2013

Birchbox teamed with InStyle this month selecting the teams favourites for a "summer nights" themed box.

This is by far my favourite box to date and I thought about listing the products in order of what I was most excited about but it was too hard to choose.
So here's what was inside the box this month:
Bluemandarines SkinLife Energetic Cellular Cream (full size £35)
Moisturiser seems to be a standard addition in my boxes, which is fine by me. Bluemandarines is another brand I haven’t heard of before but the packaging reminds me a lot of Bliss. The sample appears half full but it will hopefully be enough for me to decide if I like it or not.
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer (full size £27.50)
Described as a hair saviour, this is a pre-shampoo treatment to add elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine. I've never heard of or used a hair pre-treatment so I'm looking forward to trying this.
Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls (full size £30)
This brand has been featured in a Birchbox before. Hydro Pearls is a silicone-free primer and I can't wait to try it. I love the name and since MeMeMe I am yet to find a primer that has wowed me. The Birchbox Mag suggests that if you have oily to normal skin this can be used instead of a moisturiser. 
LAQA & Co Lip Pencil (full size £14)
If I had to pick something I was least excited about it would be this. The brand is new to me and I love the packaging but I don't see this shade of red suiting me. 
Milton Brown Ylang-Ylang body wash (full size £18)
I've tried Molton Brown body washes before and I do love the scents. I'd never spend £18 on a full size so it is nice to have it as a sample.
Lifestyle Extra
Inner Me supplements (full size £35)
I’ve said before that I love the addition of the lifestyle extras. This month sees a two week supply of a vitamin supplement for hair skin and nails. There are no promises that taking the supplement will produce any dramatic effects and I am not sure how much you can see in two weeks, but it will be interesting none-the-less. 
Beauty Extra
Gel mask (£10)
I love this extra, I've always wanted an eye mask but never wanted to pay for one. I'm looking forward to using it as a morning pick me up or as part of a home spa session.

Hopefully, you can tell why I think this box is such a hit. I feel like Birchbox really have got it right with picking products I would want to try and surprising me too. 

What do you think of this month’s box? Are you tempted to sign up?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig