Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bio-Oil: My skin story

I was about 16 when I first used Bio-Oil and since discovering it in a local pharmacy I have never been without a bottle.

A had an average level of acne as a teenager, which didn't bother me, but what did was the dark scarring that was left behind with each spot.
When I spied Bio Oil at the counter claiming to reduce scars and even out skin tone I knew I had to buy it and at £20 it was my most expensive beauty purchase ever at the time. It felt luxurious to use and I still love the smell as much as I did when I first started using it.

The results took time, I would say over a month, but Bio-Oil did wonders at reducing my scarring to almost nothing.

Because it is so multifunctional one way or another I was using it every day, either on my legs and other parts of my body to moisturise, adding it into a bath, on holiday as an aftersun and I would highly recommend everyone trying it as a massage oil!

These days I still have a bottle by my bed and I use it as an overnight treat when I feel my skin needs some TLC. If I have small spots or dry patches Bio-Oil clears them up overnight and I always wake up with my skin looking brighter, clearer and plump. At night, I apply a thick layer but during the day I take more time to massage a small amount into my skin as it can look shiny.

On Facebook Bio-Oil are currently running a campaign encouraging women to share their skin stories and how Bio-Oil has helped. The campaign supports 3 charities, and for every story shared, Bio-Oil are donating £1 to either The British Skin Foundation, Look Good Feel Better or The Iolanthe Midwifery Trust, there are some amazing stories on there so I would recommend you check them out, link here!

Let me know if you have used Bio-Oil, your story and what product have you used as long as you can remember?
Share:

5 comments

  1. I love Bio Oil for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bio oil is a must have product cant beat it!

    http://simplybeautifulx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! If you have suggestions for any other uses let me know! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I exclusively used it on my pregnant bellies, it really soothed the itch from growing stretch marks! I still use it on my knees, elbows, after shaving, sun spots on my face, moisturizing my tattoos, sooo many uses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig