Thursday 29 August 2013

Pixi Glow Tonic — an alternative review

Skincare wise I think Pixi’s Glow Tonic has been the most coveted product this year. I’m not sure how or when I  heard about this toner, I just know that Beauty Mouth was responsible.
Dubbed as a dupe for P50, a chemical exfoliant, Pixi Glow Tonic is an alcohol and oil free astringent toner, which claims to "firm and tighten the skin, remove dead skin cells and is for dry, dull and ageing skin". To do this it contains aloe and witch hazel to smooth and tone the skin and glycolic acid to loosen the dead skin and exfoliate.

I’ve never used toners regularly, particularly those that don’t offer anything more than making your skin feel refreshed after cleansing, but I can get on board with using one that offers additional skin benefits.

Regular readers of my blog will know my holy grail skincare product is Liquid Gold, a chemical exfoliant with glycolic acid as its primary ingredient. I had reached a stage when my skin was in good enough condition that I was only using Liquid Gold as a weekly ‘top-up’ so I bought the Glow Tonic hoping that this could replace that need for a top-up, by using something that is suitable for use every day.

I know a lot of people love this and I’ve given myself over two months to make up my mind, but as much as I don’t want to say this I can’t help but feel a bit ‘meh’ about it.
Maybe it’s because I am so used to using Liquid Gold, but I didn’t feel like this was maintaining my skin when it was in good condition and when it wasn’t in the best condition it didn't do much to improve it either. I was using twice a day, and while my skin didn’t suffer from any dryness, I didn’t notice any firming, tightening or brightening effects.

All that said, for someone who hasn’t used exfoliating/treatment toners this could be the ideal introduction because it is gentle and I didn’t notice any tingling or experience any discomfort using it.

I do feel like I am in the minority not loving this product so I do plan on revisiting it when my skin isn’t suffering from so many breakouts and scars to see if this can do anything to maintain it in good condition like I had hoped. If I do feel differently, I’ll be sure to update you.

In terms of the packaging and the price point the tonic is great. I love the pump dispenser and at £16 for 250ml, it is great value for money. Getting your hands on a bottle isn’t the easiest thing to do if you aren’t able to visit the Carnaby Street store in London but you can mail order by ringing 020 7287 7211 or emailing storemanager@pixibeauty.com.

If you have been impressed by any treatment toners please leave me your recommendations below or if you can’t bring yourself to incorporating a toner into your regime, let me know why!
 
Share:

4 comments

  1. It's the first bad negative review I read.I'm quite curious about it but like you I'm not much of a toner girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, it wasn’t intended to be super negative. I know I am in the minority! To test a product I’ll stop using it and see what happens to my skin and with this nothing changed, so it just wasn’t for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. Liquid gold does the magic.

    May xx

    UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nowadays there are many treatments available For the skin. It depends on you that which treatment you prefer to use. There are many creams and gels available which you need to apply regularly on your face to get the desired results. There are treatments like laser which can give you the quick output. With the increase of age the condition of your face starts deteriorating and that is when care is required. If you are facing skin problems like wrinkle before age then it is good to take some treatment, I recently took treatment for wrinkle from Havana therapy. Yu can look at this for further information
    http://www.havanatherapy.com/anti-wrinkle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig