Thursday 26 September 2013

Birchbox September 2013

My Birchbox arrived late this month after it seemed I was forgotten with the initial dispatch. Birchbox did deal with it promptly though and my box arrived today.

I stayed away from any spoilers and had no idea what the theme was this month. That said having opened the box it wasn’t too clear, the magazine mentioned London Fashion Week so I’m going with that.

At first glance, everything is a small size, which is fine, I expect samples, but even though there are two full size products in the box it just doesn’t look very full, which psychologically lowers your expectations ... or is that just me? That said, it is a very nice box this month and nothing will go unused.

So here's what was inside the box this month:
ModelCo. Party Proof Lipstick (£15.50 for a set of 3)
This is the first lipstick I have received that I am excited to try. The shade, Kitty, is one I would choose for myself and the matte finish appeals to me since I usually go for gloss.
Molten Brown Ylang-Ylang Nourishing Body Lotion (full size £18)
I have the matching shower gel, which I am using now, so this compliments that nicely but honestly, I’m tired of seeing Molten Brown in beauty boxes now.

Eva Cosmetics Mystic Diamond (full size £22.70)
A blend of Argan oil and diamond power make up this hair oil, together they are meant to hydrate the hair and add shine. The sample size should allow a good number of applications and if it is good I would consider repurchasing since it seems good value for money.

Bioderma Sebium H20 (full size £9.99)
This has to be the cutest miniature ever. I have tried and reviewed Bioderma before. In short, I wasn’t wowed but I’ll keep this for a weekend away.

Reverence de Bastien nail polish (full size £16)
I have never seen or heard of this brand before. I’m glad that it is free from the bad stuff associated with nail polish and the colour is a shade that I can make use of. It seems to be a larger size than usual, which I would expect for the price!

Lifestyle Extra
Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate (Full size £2.29)
Easily the tastest lifestyle treat to date, I am a fan of Green & Black’s anyway, although white chocolate is my least favourite of all. I would recommend that you try the dark blue packet milk chocolate though. 

Another successful box in my opinion. What are your thoughts?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig