Monday 13 May 2013

Sample session: diego dalla palma lipstick orange pink

This cute lipstick sample from diego dalla palma came in Carmine beauty box last year.

When I first opened it, I immediately threw it aside thinking that the colour wasn’t really ‘me’. But I’m going through an adventurous phase and with the odd rays of sunlight shining in the UK I thought I would give it a try.

The shade is number 32, orange pink. The colour is almost peach, and a great half way option for a true orange/coral lipstick. I’m not convinced it suits my skin tone but I think it would look great on darker skins.

The lipstick has a lightweight, soft and creamy texture. The pigmentation is good and one swipe is enough for a good colour with a subtle sheen.

The lipstick feels moisturising and I barely noticed wearing it. The only thing is that it is not particularly long lasting, not that this bothers me too much when it comes to lipsticks. The description on the M&S website says that the lipstick can be made to last longer by dabbing the lips with a loose powder before application.

The ingredients list begins with caster seed oil and various waxes, which explains the moisturised feeling. It is meant to contain anti-ageing agents and is 100% fragrance-free.

The lipstick costs £15 and can be found at Marks & Spencer. The price is a little more than I am willing to pay, but I can tell the difference in quality compared to cheaper brands.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I think I have this too but I have not tried it - its in the mountain of things I have mentally named "to be tried" - I have tried other goodies from this brand and I liked them. Shame its not that long lasting but the colour looks really good on you I think.


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I think it looks quite good on your skin tone (from what little I can see). Pretty colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliments ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig