Monday 6 May 2013

The Skin Regime

I have always been on a mission to create beautiful skin. I actually managed to get pretty close but going back to college and the stress of the course meant my skin broke out and has now scarred badly and I feel like I am back at square one.

So when I was offered a chance to read The Skin Regime and have a test of the routine, I jumped at it.

The author of the book, Dana Ramos, is a skin care enthusiast and her book presents a way of reversing sun damage and ageing and achieving beautiful skin using an inexpensive home skin care routine.

The routine is based around weekly skin peels that you would usually have done professionally and using a simple, gentle products in between the peels for a period of 6 to 12 weeks. 
The book is written in a simple and fun style, I managed to whizz through it after a day of commuting. After an introduction (which you can read free on the website) it dives in to how you can create beautiful skin and explains who the treatment is and is not suitable for. There is then a chapter on maintenance — including what to do if you don’t want to try peels — and some advice on how to show off your nice skin (make-up talk). There is also a chapter on treatments beyond the regime, things like fillers and liposuction, and whether or not they can actually work. Finally there is a chapter looking at the regime on the rest of your body and how it differs from the face.

I was sent a small sample of peel to try, and although I was a little nervous using it and convinced I had done something wrong, the next day my skin felt very smooth and looked a little clearer. I still have a long way to go in terms of clearing up the scarred areas but I do believe that over the suggested 6 week course the routine would work.

I am hoping to continue the regime for a few weeks and share my results with you. In the mean time if you want to learn more about The Skin Regime and see before and after photos as well as an amazing photograph of the author without makeup, take a look at The Skin Regime website.

You can also follow on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Share:

1 comment

  1. As you know I have this book too. Overall I think its good but there are some things I am not sure I agree with and its steered very much to the American market in terms of the products you should use. I am not surprised by this since the author is Amercian, but still. The author does look amazing!
    I have not tried the peel yet but i have ordered a lactic acid peel kit which should arrive this week.
    I hope the regime works for you honey xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig