Thursday 30 May 2013

L’Oreal Intenza Eyeliner 02 Golden Black

When I was 16 I had the most perfect black eyeliner, it was a pencil of black and gold. You might not imagine that it would be but it was perfect to wear on a daily basis, it wasn’t quite a jet black, but it wasn’t a dull brown. I loved it and I wore it down to a stub (I think I even have it somewhere out of sentimental value) but I have never found it again or anything like it.
So when I saw the L’Oreal gel eyeliner in Golden Black, I thought I might have found something close. In the pot, the L’Oreal liner looks like a deep black with gold shimmer but it is much more subtle when applied. The glitter is fine and barely noticeable on the lid and it is not a dark black. If you are looking for something bold then this definitely isn’t it, but it does give a nice subtle effect, which I love and it makes a change from regular black liner.

On the whole, I’m not a huge fan of gel eyeliners, mostly because I find them difficult to apply. The L’Oreal liner also comes with a good quality brush, which makes the application smooth and you can achieve as thin or as thick a line as you like, but it still takes practice to get just right (for me at least!)
I’ve been using the pot for a few months and I’m pleased to say that the liner hasn’t dried out. The wear is good on the lash line and it doesn’t stray but can be smudged out if you like that look. However, I wouldn’t recommend it on the waterline just because of the lasting power.

L’Oreal also offer the liner in a black shade and each cost £9.99 and can be found in Boots, Superdrug and supermarkets with a L’Oreal stand.

If you know where I can find my perfect gold/black eyeliner mix please let me know!
Share:

6 comments

  1. I love blacks that have a hint of shimmer. This looks gorgeous! Never seen this in Boots before. Although gotta admit L'Oreal seem to be making their prices higher and higher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear a matte liner. I actually love gels but I agree they are harder to apply. I love the swatch of this, though. Kind of makes me want to go outside of my matte comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this liner and bloody love it! i think the little sparkle really opens the eyes because the light catches it so its not totally matte!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it’s a nice one to start with if you do, but it’s different but still subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I do think it’s a little pricy, but at least it hasn’t dried out really quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn’t noticed the eye opening part, maybe because my eyes are big anyway! Thank you for your comment Andrew x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig