Wednesday 1 May 2013

Sample session: GlamGlow tingling and exfoliating mud mask

Having tried the other mask in the GlamGlow range last week I thought I would give the star product a try. GlamGlow say that their tingling and exfoliating mud mask delivers both instant and cumulative results and leaves your complexion revived and glowing for 3 days after each application.

The benefits include:
  • Skin collagen synthesis for a noticeable 3 day glow
  • Brighter, radiant skin in minutes
  • Leaves skin noticeably soft and smooth
  • Multi-level resurfacing exfoliation
  • Penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin to soften fine lines and wrinkles
  • Tightens, tones and lifts the skin
  • Relieves dark circles and minimises pores
  • Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils
  • Suitable for all skin types, ages and for both men and women
  • Contains no artificial colours or fragrances
The mask is dark grey/green in colour and has a gritty texture with some larger bits also thrown in.

I applied a thin layer and the mask immediately started to dry, which made the application difficult. The texture is like sand, so rubbing it into my skin I felt a bit concerned that it might be too rough.

After a few minutes the tingling began and this lasted about 5 minutes, at which point the mask had dried completely. The tingling is intense but not uncomfortable to the point that you wonder if you should remove the product.
I left the mask on for 15 minutes in total before removing with a damp face cloth. Again the texture felt like sand but this is the exfoliation step of the treatment.

Immediately after my skin looked bright and clear and felt so smooth. My face did feel tight, but not uncomfortable and this was easily fixed with face oil.

The next day my skin still looked bright and clear and my scars lighter. On day two my skin still looked bright and clear and my pores less noticeable and the same on day three.

A big factor for me when using face masks is the luxury/treat element. I can't say that I enjoyed using this but the results after one use were so impressive that I would be tempted to purchase a full size tub.

Starting at £22.50 for 15ml of product (there is also a 50ml tub), it's not a cheap mask, but a little produces good results and based on the immediately results, I believe that over time my skin the mask would provide the cumulative effects that it promises.

GlamGlow can be found in online and in Space NK and M&S stores. You can also purchase the sample I had for £4.99 from the GlamGlow website so you can try before you buy.

Have you tried GlamGlow? I'm always on the hunt for the ultimate face mask so let me know what your favourite is.
 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Expensive, but this mask sounds like it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea especially if it does live up to the claims!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig