Friday 31 May 2013

Face of the day: Summer loving

I wish I could remember the ad that inspired this look. I remember seeing it and knowing I wanted to try it because it is wearable compared to a lot of makeup you see in adverts, and it looked simple enough for me to achieve.

In my opinion this look is crying out for summer sun and I suspect I'll be sporting this more than once when the sun does decide to shine. 
I started with the Naked palette on my eyes and a very simple and subtle smokey eye using the shade Sin on the lid and Buck in the crease, finished off with black eyeliner. 

On the lower lash line I used Bourjois Contour Clubbing waterproof eyeliner in the shade blue remix. It is a beautiful bright blue shade and I have loved wearing this recently as an edgy alternative to black eyeliner. The formular is soft and being waterproof I can wear it all day without worrying about it travelling down my face. 
On my lips I used a mix of Diego Dalla Palma’s coral lipstick, which I featured in a sample session a few weeks ago, and the Mirenesse perfect kiss glossy kiss I received in my first Birchbox. I'm still not convinced the DDP lipstick suits my skin tone but by adding the glossy kiss I was able to warm the colour up a bit and I really liked the result.

On the rest of my face I kept it fairly natural, I used Hello Flawless foundation by Benefit and lightly attempted to contour with Sleeks contour and highlight kit and finally added some bronzer. 

Can you tell which ad I was inspired by? If so, please let me know!
Share:

8 comments

  1. You look gorgeous. love the blue under the eye. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blues on the eyes, this look is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I have to admit it’s not something I would normally pick but I love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s so easy too, you should try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I'm the same way with greens/teals. I rarely grab for them, but my eyes love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyes are beautiful! I love putting bright colors on the lower lash line! :) Now following you via gfc



    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig