Sunday 17 April 2011

‘The Flick’ Winged Eyeliner Stencil


My vitality show purchase, an eyeliner stencil called ‘The Flick’ and black gel eyeliner by Saffron. I have always struggled with doing winged eyeliner so this seemed like a perfect solution. The kit comes with two stencils. I have to admit at first I thought, why? since if you just turn it over it will be fine…… then I thought that through :-)



They are made of a flexible, but not flimsy plastic and allow you to place over your lid and fill in the area you want your eyeliner. You determine where to begin your eyeliner and how thick, and all I do is try to match up the edges with key point on my face, for example, placing part of the plastic up against my nose or inner eye so that I can get approximately the same area on the other eye and make the liner even. The only difficulty I have found is this initial lining up and making sure you are holding it down well so that you do not end up ‘colouring outside the line’. It is then just a case of practice to achieve the look you are going for.

The eyeliner provided is by Saffron. It is extremely creamy and applies easily and then ‘sets’ so that it is nearly smudge-proof. I have been impressed with the intensity of the black which lasts throughout the day. The brush supplied works perfectly with the stencil since it is small and dense. However, since I always like to take my eyeliner to the inner corner, it also works well to let me do this free hand. I have also tested out its water-proof capability and it has passed the test!

My first, through to my most recent eyeliner attempts using ’the flick’. As you can hopefully see, the first attempt was a much thicker and a longer ‘flick'. My most recent was more subtle and a thinner line, which is the way I prefer to do my eyeliner on a daily basis.





I am sure both the eyeliner and the stencils can be found reasonably priced on eBay, although I have not checked since I probably paid more than I should have, but I am impressed with both so I can get over that!
Share:

20 comments

  1. omg I so need this!! I just wonder if I can tape it down lol my hands are soo shakey! Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I don’t know about that! glad you like the post :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flicky eyeliner without looking like Amy Winehouse well done. I assume you can use the stencils with other eyeliner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe thanks, the first attempt was a little amy! I am yet to try using other eyeliners since I don’t own any other than pencil form, but I don’t see why not. I think any eyeliner which is a creamy/smooth consistency that you can spread across easily should work the same, otherwise you risk fiddling more and potentially moving the stencil out of place. I’ll have a try though and post an update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is super cool! the things they come up with lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can you get the stencils from, they look great. Tori xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tori, I’ve searched around online and disappointingly can’t find them anywhere. When I first brought them there were loads on eBay which there aren’t anymore, sorry I can’t be more helpful. If i do find out more I will post an update here x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know, i too have always wanted to perfect the flick! friends alike can do it; thought there must be a cheaters way!
    ebay and Googling as i write!
    c.x


    www.starsandthebutterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow bethbenderbeauty/bettes boutique doing some self-promo much?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow bethbenderbeauty/bettes boutique doing some self-promo much?

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow bethbenderbeauty/bettes boutique doing some self-promo much?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow bethbenderbeauty/bettes boutique doing some self-promo much?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe you should take that up with Saffron? Don't you think this is a really inappropriate forum for your random spamming of fraud and scam abuse considering she's only reviewing something she bought. And since when are there not multiple versions of a product for a similar purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Talk about totally stealing someone else's design. Shame on them. This is beth bender beauty's Cat eyeliner stencil from her Get in line eyeliner stencil Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame on you!!!! You are a copy cat and it is quite obvious that you bought Beth Bender's smoky eye and cat eyeliner kit and completely copied it! And very cheaply I might add!!!

    FRAUD and SCAMMER! I am going to be reporting you all over the internet and soon you will be shutting your doors down. What a piece of crap.

    No one buy this kit. It does not work and she stole the cut outs to create her own... BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember, the internet goes global!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you look at her very first photo it shows a box, meaning she PURCHASED the stencils and did not steal another brand's stencils and imply that they are her own design.

    Instead of hurling personal insults and abuse, maybe you should read the post properly first and then politely point out that another brand makes the same stencils and perhaps these are a copy? No need to be so aggressive it isn't her fault!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bethbenderbeauty24 January 2013 at 00:39

    Yes she did buy them! From our company. And then turned around and copied the exact design!!! And yes I will be as aggressive as I like. How dare you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://bettesboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bethbenderbeauty24 January 2013 at 00:39

    http://bettesboutique.com/eyes/the-original-get-in-line-smoky-eyeshadow-stencil-kit.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Completely stole the stencils from beth bender beauty. Lol, the company doesn't sell them anymore so I'm sure they got hit with a lawsuit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig