Tuesday 12 July 2011

OOTN - Wedding reception

I went to a family wedding on Sunday night, I haven’t done an outfit post in a while so I thought I would share this. Do let me know if you would like me to include more outfit posts generally.

I did originally ask earlier in the day on twitter for comments on if the outfit worked or not. I changed it up a little, and in the end I was pleased with how it looked. Did I make the right choice compared to how I started?



The dress was from Primark, as was the belt. It needs a belt otherwise it just looks very oversized and unflattering. (Also note to self, must be more aware of the sleeves when leaning over food!) I opted for the leopard print belt just to tie the colours of the dress and shoes/bag together. I showed these shoes previously in a haul right at the start of my blogging days and I love them! The platform makes them really comfortable to wear all night. I think I have mentioned before how much I love my clutch bag too. It is the perfect size and carries more than you would think, so I was glad to be able to match this up.

For my makeup I spent so much time on my eyes that I ended up doing the blush and lips as I did for Zoo Lates. No prizes for the right answer I’m afraid but can you guess what palette I used for my eyes? Be sure to check out my next post for a closer look!


Finally, just thought I would share the gift everyone got at the table. I thought this was a really cute and unusual container. Once I eat all the sweets this will become my new ring or earring pot! 


Share:

8 comments

  1. You look lovely! I especially love that Primark dress.
    Speaking of Primark - I haven't shopped there for months or maybe, shock horror, nearly a year! Must revisit.

    Mm and I just had a closer look at your shoes - very nice too :-P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clutch and your nails look beautiful! very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, this is most definitely better then the original look for the reception imo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh very pretty! I agree its a huge improvement from the original look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, I’m glad you all like and I went for the right combo in the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I love the dress and clutch~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! and the shoes are gorgeous!! where are they from???

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Latina thank you! I got them in the New Look sale in the new year. New look have great shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig