Sunday 10 July 2011

FOTN - Mixing it up

On Friday I went to London Zoo for one of their annual Zoo lates nights. The zoo is open till 10 for you to wonder around and see the animals as well as have food and there is even a silent disco.

Since it is not a true ‘late night’ I headed there straight from work which meant a quick change of clothes and make-up refresh in the bathroom.

This photograph was actually taken after I got home (excuse the hair). I used a mix of my bourgeois mineral radiance and mememe rouge as a blush, which tones down the blush and gives it a more bronze colour. My eyes were really simple due to a lack of tools, my Avon anew shadow and eyeliner.



On my lips I went for a mix of Boots naturals in caramel and ELF bare brown (swatched below) with the mixed effect shown on the far right.



I really like this colour combination, in the past I have found bare brown to be a little dark, but by combining these two it makes it more wearable with quite a natural/bare face in my opinion.



Finally a picture of me and the penguins on the new penguin beach. I encourage anyone who is in/near London to check out the Zoo lates before the end of July. I will definitely be heading there again next year.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Ooh I've been to one of those 'zoo nights' - really liked the silent disco and overall, was a very fun experience :D

    You look lovely - love the simple make up on your eyes. In fact, your look is really pretty and natural :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :-) we didn’t get to try the disco was full by the time we got round to it. There was a really good atmosphere though. Wish it was open a little later! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love zoo late nights too! The lippie looks pretty on you, such a relaxed, pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you amalia, isn’t it funny/annoying how sometimes we look better with minimal effort than when we spend longer getting ready! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig