Thursday 28 April 2011

Avon Anew Eyeshadow Review and FOTD



Thought I would post a face of the day, showing what is in fact my typical face most days! I love this look, it conceals, enhances and most importantly is quick and easy!

I have been finding myself getting ready in a rush these days. I don’t feel made up without a little eyeliner and mascara, but I do love eyeshadows. 

I have had the Avon Anew lifting eyeshadow in golden for a while now, I am not sure why I originally purchased but it is meant to lift and tighten sagging lids and reduce puffiness. Although I have been using this frequently for the last week I cannot say I have noticed an affect, although on the Avon website there is mention of results being seen after 8 weeks (if this needs to be consistent use, then I suspect I will not see a result!)


The colour is a beautiful light bronze/golden tone, which is very shimmery. I tend to apply this all over the lid and look complete. A small amount applies very smoothly all over the eyelid, and the total amount given is very generous, so I expect it will last a while. The applicator is a brush, but I tend to add a little to the centre of my lid and then work it around with my fingertips. I would say that this could be used as an eyeshadow base, however it does crease quickly, and this shade is very forgiving (I never actually noticed until I took photographs), but darker eyeshadows on top may not be. I like the light this shade gives to my eyes without being too made up, so I may well purchase some of the other lighter colours to use in combination. 

As for the rest of my face, the usual; bella pierre mineral foundation, bourgeois mineral radiance, mememe blush in rouge and eyebrows!

Share:

2 comments

  1. hmmm I dont think I've heard of any other eyeshadow with that claim, but it looks nice and shimmery! your brows look great I hate my half-brows filling in every day brows lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is shimmery, but just the right amount! I fill in my brows every day too! so annoying, testing out something that is meant to help them grow :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig