Tuesday 18 September 2012

New hair colour, Fiery Red!

I’m not an impulsive person in nature but this weekend I coloured my hair, and not my usual some  shade of brown that makes me feel like I’m being adventurous with colour colouring, but a proper obvious and very different hair colour.
The shade was Fiery Red by Garnier Nutrisse, maybe it was the curly haired woman on the box that drew me to it, I’m not sure, but knowing full well that it wouldn’t actually look that shade I decided to try it anyway.

So how did it turn out………
The application was easy, mix the two tubes together, apply all over and rinse. I left the colour to develop for about 25 minutes, with the maximum recommended time 35 minutes. It then took about twice that time to wash the colour out. The instructions state to rinse until the water comes away clear but this never seemed to happen. 
I absolutely love the shade, in the past, colour has really scared me and had this been a negative experience I would have immediately coloured my hair brown again! But for now I am happy to stay a red head. It is one of those shades that looks different depending on the lighting, and is very difficult to photograph because of that reason!

As much as I love the shade I can’t decide what it has done to the appearance of my skin tone, do I look more red generally to you? Or do I look fairer than I actually am? My eyebrows seem to look naturally darker now, which is a good thing.

One thing I have noticed though is that I do feel much more confident as a red head and I want to try being a bit more adventurous with my makeup looks to compliment the new hair shade, maybe it is time to channel my inner Jessica Rabbit or master the pin-up look?

Share:

13 comments

  1. It's very vampish, you like someone from True Blood! :D That's a compliment btw - can't wait to see you tomoz :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you clarified your comment, hehe and that you liked it in real life…..I’m embracing my inner vamp at the moment ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red hair but always found it never lasts for very long! Rubbish! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, it does seem like there is always colour being washed out but that’s ok, it is so easy to apply at home if I want to revive it and if not will just go back to brown! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Compliments your skin tone, though I'm not entirely sure how. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. see never comes out as vibrant as on the packaging! well thats until the sun shines on it :) then you can really see the red...looks good though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really suits you. Been wanting to dye my hair for ages but it's drier than hay so it wouldn't be a good idea.

    It's nice that it's made you more confident too. Enjoy! :)

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brown hair dyed red look so nice, it's just gives a subtle hint of red and it really suits you!
    Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I really like the tones the colour has given especially at the ends where it was a lighter brown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it! It looks really good! Bold, but not too crazy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! It still feels weird when I look in the mirror hehe, haven’t gotten used to it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY you did it!

    Seriously, it really does suit you. If you're feeling brave next time, definitely go with the 12% peroxide to intensify it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know as I was finishing up the blog post I knew there was something I forgot to include and it was your tip! hehe. Glad it is in the comments though. The instructions in the box said to dye it blonde first and then red to get an intense colour, but I think your tip will be quicker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig