Friday 5 August 2011

Oh so special….

I realise I am late with this review considering this palette has been out for a while now. I was lucky enough to get this in the first week it was out, picking up one of the last palettes in the store.

My Sleek collection is slowly growing and I risk my palette reviews all reading the same since the quality of this palette is as high as previous ones. As usual the palette contains a beautiful selection of pigmented colours in a range of finishes.

Of the Sleek palettes I have this is my favourite. The colours are more neutral although there is a range of tones and the colours lend themselves to both day and night looks.

I was a bit concerned in other reviews when I read that this was considered a dupe to the naked palette, which I also own. But having them side by side I think you can easily justify having both and I don’t consider the oh so special to be a dupe.


My favourite colours of the palette are Organza, Gift Basket and Wrapped Up, which along with bow are the colours I used for my first look. I applied organza all over the lid, with gift basket in the crease and deepened that with wrapped up. I then applied bow to the browbone and in the inner corner. 



I also experimented with brown eyeliner for the first time and really like the finished result. But I will have a blog post about that at a later date.

Please share your looks with the oh so special palette, I am always grateful for inspiration. Also, if you would like to me to compare this with the naked palette let me know below.

Share:

6 comments

  1. This is my fave palette <3 Great EOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is gorgeous. I don't own any sleek, but I really want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really nice palette!!! and i love your look :)

    -http://millpop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swatches. I think this is sleek's best palette so far.New follower.
    My latest post
    http://pandorasssbox.blogspot.com/2011/08/krizmah-designer-bags-with-conscience.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rakhshanda thank you :-)
    @Yami I didn’t own any sleek for such a long time and now I love it, you should try it if you can it’s really affordable too!
    @Amelia
    @Pandora’s Box, I agree, this is my fav palette so far, and thank you so much for following, I am also a new follower now of yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome palette. Great review, girl! New follower. Hope you follow me back too:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig