Saturday 20 August 2011

What I took on holiday….

I have returned from Cyprus somewhat rested and a little tanned even after I spent all the time in the shade!

I thought I would start off with sharing the makeup I decided to take with me. I tried to stick to essentials and not go overboard with the packing, even then there are still a few things I didn’t end up using. The temperature averaged mid-30s (celsius) so I knew that makeup in the day wasn’t going to be an option, I did manage a few eye looks in the evening which I will share in another post.




Face: 
Bella Pierre mineral foundation - used 5+ times
Bourgeois mineral radiance - used 4 times
Witch concealer stick - used 5+ times
Garnier BB Cream - used daily
Garnier eye concealer - used 4 times
Bare minerals night treatment - used nightly
ELF brow kit (shown above) - used 5+ times









Eyes:
Sleek Mediterranean palette - used 3 times 
Urban Decay double ended eyeliner - used 3 times 
Sleek luminaire - used once
Urban decay primer potion - used 3 times
Benefit coralista blush (not sure why I put this with the eye photo!) - used 5+ times














Lips:
Sleek pout polish - Monte Carlo - used 5+ times  
Sleek pout polish - Bonaire - used once
L’Oreal Glam Shine - used once









Brushes:
Bella Pierre foundation and blush brush
ELF blush brush
Avon shadow brush
Smashbox shadow brush
Sonia Kashuk crease and angled brush






I assume a few of your spotted the BB cream added in the collection which I was gifted just before my holiday after gazing at in Superdrug on a few occasions. It ended up being one of my holiday essentials, a full review will be posted soon! 

I found myself going back to the same items so there were a few products I didn’t use. The Garnier eye roll on which I use daily normally made my eyes water, I assume because of the heat and possibly the mix of sunscreen underneath so I could only use it in the evenings. 

I’m quite impressed with my light packing, how much makeup do you normally take?

Share:

2 comments

  1. Welcome back! Hope you had a fantastic time in Cyprus :-)

    I'm very much looking forward to your BB cream review - am intrigued by it but a bit worried it won't stay put on my oily skin...

    And hey, I'm usually a lot worse - I have this sort of big(ish) box full of make up and always take it with me when I fly somewhere. It is so freaking heavy and I know I don't need that much stuff but I just can't help myself! Plus you can imagine I take quite a few scents with me too...

    But anyways, nice to have you back :-D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I did have a lovely time. I’ll have the BB review up in the next week or so I wanted to give it a try in the weather here just to compare.

    Thanks again :-) good to be back x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig