Thursday 27 September 2012

Doughnut head — the effortless bun hair style

The first thing I do when I get home in the evenings is put my hair up in a bun. I like to have my hair out of my face, but that being said, I rarely wear my hair up to leave the house.
It has been years since I sported any sort of up-do, since generally I don’t think it suits my features and having my hair down acts like a shield on bad skin days or, occasionally, weeks!

That being said after my colleagues returned from the Superdrug press event with a huge doughnut, I knew I wanted to give it a try.
The doughnut is really easy to use. I feed my hair through the hole (you can tie it into a pony tail first but I prefer not too for a looser/messier look) and pin in the ends underneath the doughnut using bobby pins and/or hair pins. Simple!

I usually leave my hair curly, which adds to the messy look but I imagine with straightened hair and a bit more time put in this would be the ideal look for a wedding or any other formal event.

Since, I have also picked up a smaller sized bun and played around this. This is less dramatic for the day time but I have found it takes a bit more fiddling, because I have more hair that needs to be tucked away.
I’ve always had compliments when wearing my hair this way and everyone has commented that it looks much harder to achieve than I have described. The doughnuts can be found in Superdrug, Boots, Clare’s Accessories and almost everywhere that does hair accessories. The larger doughnuts are usually around £10 and the smaller around £5. I have noticed a difference in the quality though and would suggest looking for one that feels firmer.

On a side note, I am loving accessorising the look with flowers. I picked up a selection from a Clare’s Accessories outlet for between £2.50-£4 each.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Im obssessed with my doughnut!! lol but I wish my hair was thicker so it wud look as full as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, you look so pretty with the bun and it's incredibly effortless with your curls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great especially with the flower, I have short hair so not able to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hair looks great in this style! And that flower piece just makes it look even prettier :)

    I've been using my hair doughnut a lot lately to do my hair for work when I can't be bothered to do my hair on a morning haha.

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig