Thursday 19 December 2013

Birchbox December 2013

This month is all about sparkling and shining according to Birchbox. This means the box includes products to help you sparkle at all the parties and nights out that happen over the festive season and quick fix products to help you shine throughout the month too. 

While the box doesn’t have that immediate “wow” factor, overall it is a good box and I can see everything getting some loving.
So what's inside the box.
Sparkle: Number 4 Non-aerosol hairspray (full size £18.50)
An interesting product that will no doubt come in handy, even though hairspray is difficult to get excited about. 

Sparkle: Nail Rock Nail Velvet (full size £6.99) 
I have tried a lot of the nail effects trends but velvet never appealed to me. That said I was excited to try it and had to test it as soon as I opened the box. As a first impression, I am not sure, it was easy enough to apply but the overall effect has left me on the fence. I will apply to all my nails and see how it wears before I make up my mind. 
Sparkle: Twistband (£10 for 6) 
It’s hard to get excited about a hairband, but it is an extremely useful addition in the box. Again I used this immediately after photographing and so far it has done exactly as it claims, kept my hair secure without snagging or leaving creases. In fact I may even consider using my Birchbox points to purchase more. 
Shine: Delarom Aquaconfort Mask (full size £24) 
I love face masks and it is about time that a mask made it into the box as a skincare sample rather than a moisturiser. The mask is meant to be hydrating and sounds perfect for the winter months. 
Shine: Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow (full size £12.50)
I am a huge fan of mineral makeup and Alima Pure is a brand that I haven’t heard of before. The shade, Paris, is perfect as a highlight or an all over colour, so I am looking forward to using this.
Shine: Korres Citrus showergel (full size £8)
Well it’s a shower gel and a quick sniff tells me that the citrus scent isn’t too overwhelming. It will of course get used but my shower product purchases tend to be determined by whats on offer when I am doing a food shop so this will need to be very special to get on my repurchase list.

I’ve really enjoyed my Birchbox subscription this year, I still have a few months left and will do a round up then, but if you are on the hunt for last minute gift ideas then I would recommend this. A monthly treat would be a really special gift for those who are into beauty but not quite at that addict level that means they already have a subscription.

You can subscribe to Birchbox for £12.95 a month, plus P+P. 
Share:

1 comment

  1. I am very eh about my box this month. I didn't really get anything that work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig