Sunday 24 June 2012

Quick review: Konjac face sponge

You should all know by now how much I love my skincare and enjoy trying out new products. So I was really pleased to see the Konjac puff sponge in my iFabbo goodie bag, especially since I had already seen something like it on Lovemakeup.com.

I was given the pure konjac sponge, which is suitable for all skin types. There are other sponges available, which include red, green and pink clay for dry/mature, combination and damaged skin, respectively. There is also a bamboo charcoal sponge for oily skin types. 
Using the sponge is meant to offer many benefits, including gentle exfoliation, stimulating cell growth and renewal, deep cleansing and balancing the acidity of the skin. It is also non-abrasive and therefore suitable for sensitive skin and the most unique point…. there is no need for product.
The sponge is 100% natural and made from the root of a konjac plant, which also makes the sponge 100% biodegradable. So extra points for being environmentally friendly!

The sponge is extremely soft, don’t be fooled by its loofah like appearance. To use, all you do is run it under a tap, squeeze out the excess and massage in a circular motion all over the skin. Once you are finished all you do is rinse and leave it to dry (the sponge dries hard, but all you need to do is run it under the tap again).

It does feel lovely to use and it certainly is very gentle. As for deep cleaning, I am not convinced. I was told that the sponge could be used to remove your makeup and whilst it did remove some, I still needed to use a cleanser.
I won’t be giving up cleanser just yet but I have been using this occasionally to cleanse my skin in the morning and for the cleansing steps in between my home facial routine. 

Share:

2 comments

  1. I have been toying with trying one of these for a while; I fear curiosity is going to eventually get the better of me...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love that you just use it on its own! Perfect for days when you aren't wearing makeup I bet!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig