Friday 8 June 2012

Maleficent inspired look (using Sleek dark matte palette)

Have I told you all how much I love matte shades? I’m sure everyone is aware by now that Sleek have released two matte palettes. I picked up version 2, which is a perfect mix of dark shades, which can create subtle day or smoky night looks.

I decided not to do a review of the palette, since there are so many good reviews and swatches out there. But briefly, most of the colours are very pigmented and all are soft and easy to blend. So far it is my favourite palette by Sleek and unlike some of their other palettes, I don’t see myself not loving it as much in a few months time.


On to the look I created. Whenever I see deep, dark purple I think of Maleficent, the villain from Sleeping Beauty, she was my favourite Disney villain so I took my inspiration from her.
I used the shades thunder (as a base), highness (all over the lid), villan (in the crease) and flesh (to blend out and as a highlight). I used a grey eyeliner on my water line and on my upper lashes and finished off with Benefit’s They’re Real mascara. I think the look could be improved by using some false lashes to really dramatise the eyes.
On the rest of my face I used No7 BB cream and ELF concealer. On my cheeks I used MUA blush (shade 4), which is a beautiful plum colour and helps to bring out the plum tones in the lighter purple eyeshadow. I also added some highlighter (from the Sleek contour palette) and rather than go for a red lipstick to really emulate Maleficent I chose to wear Rimmel nude delight lipstick. 


I’m hoping to put together a blog post containing lots of different looks, which can be achieved using the matte palette. In the mean time, tell me, who was your favourite Disney villain?


Share:

9 comments

  1. I love my sleek palette! The purple looks great on your skin tone!
    Hannah x Confessioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! And the colours in the palette look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look! My fav disney villain is Cruella!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mybeautyfulworld24 January 2013 at 00:39

    This is a lovely look! I love these plum shades. I think these colours suit your skintone perfectly, you look lovely.

    I didn't have a favourite Disney villian. I was always on the good side rooting for the princess :)

    Sylwia xxx
    www.my-beautyful-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I got this palette for a friend, think I may have to go back and get myself one now!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous purple-ish smokey eye! love it Aysh you look fab!! gna need to get a hold of this palette...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved the make-up on villains and how they dressed and Maleficent is one of them! I love the use of purple here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow those matte shades look gorgeous, and I love the purples on you- totally Maleficent! I think this palette was probably made for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. need to wait for pay day! and probs have to order online becus whenever i go to Superdrug I never seem to find the palettes in good condition!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig