Sunday 9 March 2014

A very late post: Birchbox February 2014

Excuse how late this post is, February’s Birchbox arrived the week of the wedding and with finalising the details and relocating, writing my review landed at the bottom of my to do this. That said, I was very close to striking it off the list completely, that's how unexcited I was with the products.
I expected February to be about Valentine’s and love, maybe include a nice smelling body oil and a good lipstick but the theme was fashion week. It doesn't seem that long ago that there was a fashion related box, which again I remember being very unimpressed by. There is nothing wrong with the products included per se, but I'm starting to get bored of the same sorts of products popping up each month.


So what's included this month.
Beauty Protector, Protect and Oil (full size £16)
Another hair oil and another brand that has previously featured in Birchbox. This is meant to be an exclusive launch, and I guess I should be more excited about it than I am?
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (full size £12)
This product was actually a recent empty of mine. Unfortunately it didn’t make my repurchase list and I will pass it onto a friend to try. My main problem was that the flow of the liquid liner wasn’t smooth or even and once it started to dry out, which was quite quickly, I gave up on it. I know it is a celeb favourite but I just don’t see the reason for the hype.
Urbanveda Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish (full size £8.99)
The first of two new brands to me. Exfoliators are always nice to try but I feel like I have received quite a few exfoliators in the past and I’m just not excited getting them anymore.
Gilchrist & Soames The London Collection Shower Gel (full size £13.75)
Another month, another shower gel. I can’t say any more.
Leighton Denny Nail Polish (full size £11)
I’ve tried Leighton Debby nail polishes in the past and don’t have any strong feelings either way about the brand. I do, however, have too many nail polishes and although this looks like a lovely nude colour, my collection doesn’t need to be any bigger. 
Lifestyle Extra 
Green & Black’s Dark Chocolate (full size £2.29)
This is the second time Green & Black’s has been featured as a lifestyle extra, which I would have enjoyed if the sample wasn’t dark chocolate, so my dad gets to enjoy this. 


Maybe I’m being unfair being disappointed? I know my March box is already sitting in London waiting for me so I have my fingers crossed it will be an exciting one.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig