Friday 5 April 2013

Quick review: No7 BB cream (medium/dry)

Having loved the Garnier BB cream, I wanted to give the No7 offering a chance to impress me too.

No7 were the first to introduce skin type variations of the cream. Having dry skin, the more moisturising is it and greasier it feels the more I love it, but I do think that having a type for oily skins, which I assume doesn’t have a greasy feel, is a really good idea.
That being said, I found this felt less greasy than the Garnier cream, which at first I didn’t like since it also seemed harder to spread. I usually apply this using a flat top brush, which makes blending the product easier and minimises wastage.

The cream gives a medium coverage but I don’t find it easy to build and instead, use a concealer for any spots and marks. It has a dewy finish, which I prefer to tone down using a bit of translucent powder or even a really thin layer of mineral foundation. The cream lasts for about 6 hours, which I am impressed with.
There are two shades available, fair and medium. I opted for the medium, although the difference between the two for my skin tone is minimal in my opinion. That being said, it’s not a great match and it some lights my face does look darker than my body, and I haven’t been able to use this during the winter because without a tan it looks that much darker on me. 

This falls under the “it’s all right” category of products for me, so although I will still be on the hunt for a better BB cream, I wouldn’t rule out buying it again.

The BB cream can be purchased from Boots and costs £12.95, but there are always offers and vouchers to be had to get it for cheaper.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Interesting product, I am a huge fan of the Garnier BB Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Garnier BB cream too, i tried it when it first came out but I think they had updated it since? Or added new formulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I like the Asian ones I tried but they aren't very moisturizing- well I mean feeling, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig