Saturday 13 April 2013

Spending ban empties

I am so glad I can finally throw these empties into the recycling. Having them piled up over the last three months was very frustrating, but there is a weird satisfaction now looking through the pile of the rubbish.

Minus a few bottles of shampoo, shower gel and a cleanser, this is everything I finished since the new year. I made a point of finishing products that were near the end of their life as well as travel sizes of products I had been saving for trips away. Not only do I not go away very often but when I do I tend to take what I know and like to use.
In total I used up 7 skincare products, 8 shower and body products, 8 hair products, 2 lip products and 1 alcohol gel.

There are only two products in the pile that I was disappointed to finish. The first was Liquid Gold. Having had a series of break outs and a rather bad spot disaster resulting in quite a serious scar I could do with the benefits of glycolic right now. Although I have the Nip + Fab pads, I can now see there limits and for me they are suited to maintaining good skin rather than helping to create it.

The second product was Rimmel’s Exaggerate waterproof eyeliner. I actually ran out of this quite early on and surprisingly don't have any other black waterproof eyeliners. I've tested out a few others in my collection since but I've been disappointed and instead I've started using liquid eyeliner more and leaving my waterline bare.

Products I was glad to finish we're the Bioderma micelle solution, which is something I don't understand the hype for, and the Coconut body cream from Bath and Body works, after so many months of using it I got sick of the scent!
I finished three makeup products, four if you count BB cream as a makeup rather than a skin care product, which based on my new rule, means that I can buy two makeup products. But other than repurchasing the Rimmel eyeliner, nothing I want springs to mind although a good review of any of the new CC creams may tempt me.
Share:

8 comments

  1. Congrats on using up so many products! I agree that the pile is trash is both irritating and satisfying at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and another thanks for your comment :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a lot of empties! I'm really impressed that you didn't go to buy another eyeliner! I would have caved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I think it was so early on in the ban that I didn’t want to break it just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if other blogger niches blog about 'empty' anything or if it's just a beauty blogger thing. You know we are hardcore if we save up our rubbish to take photos of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, that is sooooo true. I’ve never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig