Saturday 20 April 2013

BBHQ April task: Blogging inspirations

This month the BBHQs participants will be chatting about their blogging inspirations. In our very first BBHQ post we shared the story of our beginning and you can read mine, and find out what BBHQ is, here.

This month we are going share what inspires and motivates us to create unique content on our bogs and tips for each other to keep our blogging flame alive! I'm looking forward to reading others posts and hopefully feeding off everyone else's inspiration!
Beauty Blogger Headquarters
What inspires you to blog and/or vlog?

Very simply, it makes me happy! The writing process, taking pictures, posting my blog and reading comments from my readers is all such a positive experience for me and as long as it positive I will keep doing it.

The beauty blogging community is a lovely one and is such a lovely thing to be a part of so it is hard not to be inspired.

Share some of your favourite blogs to read for inspiration?

In terms of writing style and honest, thorough product reviews my favourite bloggers are Grace from All That Slap, Annabella from Skin Scrubs, Astrid from Skin Deep and Claire from Eyelining Obsessions.

I also love The Sunday Girl and Makeup Savvy for their photography and it is because of their blogs that I wanted to improve the photos on mine. Sunday Girl in particular will have fruits or a background related to to the product name that are always so striking and leave me wondering how she manages to find fruit that should be out if season!

For makeup looks and general application my favourite bloggers are Frooti Beauty, Beauty for Thought and Beauties in Bloom, they are stunning girls and I wish I could make my makeup look as good as theirs.

I have lots of other blogs I could mention but you can find more in my blog roll.

Share some of your favorite Youtube channels to watch for inspiration?

I'm going to mention Frooti Beauty again because she has started tutorials on YouTube and it's great to see how she applies the products to get the looks she does and I hope she posts more! I also like watching Mouldy Fruit, who also has a blog, she is very natural on camera and her passion for makeup and the products she is using really comes through in her videos.

What are your favorite magazines to browse for inspiration?

I don't really have a favourite magazine for inspiration. I enjoy reading Stylist and occasionally will pick up Marie Clare or Red.

I also like picking up the magazines from Boots or Superdrug because they tend to have the latest products included and it is one way of keeping up to date.

How do you organize your inspiration? Pinterest board, notebook, sketchpad, etc.?

When I have an idea for new content I save it in my notes on my phone and constantly add and update it. I also have a folder full of images and features from magazines that I like either for the photography or writing style.

What motivates you to continue blogging and/or vlogging?

I enjoy it so much that motivation doesn't really come into it. I want to keep my blog updated and looking good so the only thing that limits me is time.

How would you describe your style of blogging and/or vlogging, how has it changed from when you first started?

My reviews are a lot more brief, but hopefully still as thorough than they were in the early days. I know that people generally just want to get information and click away and hopefully I provide that.

My photography is probably my biggest improvement and takes up most of the time it takes to prepare a post.

How do you handle competitive thoughts with other bloggers/vloggers?

I'm not naturally a competitive person so this isn't really an issue for me. I like to think that we all add something different to the community so, even though the topic is the same, there is a place for everyone.

After all, even though I can be convinced by my favourite bloggers that I need to add a product to my collection I'll still check out more than one review.

For fun, share some of your favorite inspiring photos.

Words inspire me much more than pictures do, so my favourite pins on Pinterest are quotes. I’ve tried to pick my favourite below and you can view the rest of my board here.
Pinned from media-cache3
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig