Monday 15 April 2013

Sample session: The Discovery Box by The Fragrance Shop

Today’s sample session is a little different, because it’s actually five samples all wrapped up in a cute box.

The Discovery Box by The Fragrance Shop is a box that allows you to try the latest fragrance launches from The Fragrance Shop.

Perfume samples are the only beauty samples that I really appreciate, they are great for your handbag and on holiday and even though perfume is generally something you know if you like straight away, I always appreciate the opportunity test something throughly before I make up my mind.
This box is the second edition and contains five fragrance samples as well as a leaflet with details of the fragrances and discount vouchers for £5 off a bottle 30ml or more. The box costs £5 every quarter, which is a very affordable price and being quarterly it means you won’t get overloaded with samples or vouchers that you won’t use.

The samples in this quarters box are:
Lacoste Eau de Lacoste Pour Femme
30ml EDP £32.50
Top notes: White pineapple, Calabrian mandarin and bergamont
Heart notes: Orange flower, jasmin sambac and pineapple flower 
Base notes: Sandalwood, vanilla, vetyver grass and Peru balsam
What I think: This scent was fresh and I could smell the top fruity notes even after it had settled on the skin for a bit. I could also pick up on the woody base note and overall I liked the scent and it is something I would consider purchasing.

Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli
30ml EDP £29.50
Top notes: Neroli from orange blossom
Heart notes: Tahitan Tiare
Base notes: Palisander wood
What I think: This scent smelt like posh talcum powder to me, it was very flowery. After a while the scent did settle and was much more subtle and wearable but it is still not something I would choose to wear. 

Juicy Couture Couture La La 
30ml EDP £34.50
Top notes: Mandarin, green apple, red currant and water hyacinth
Heart notes: Lily, peony, violet leaves and orange flowers
Base notes: Smooth woods and liquid musk
What I think: This was a clean and fresh scent and considering the top notes this wasn’t as citrus as I expected, after it settled the musk scent came through.  

Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush 
30ml EDP £34.50
Top notes: Champagne with apricot blossom and pink pepper
Heart notes: Pink passion flower, marigold and white freesia
Base notes: Cashmere woods with sheer musk and white amber
What I think: This was my favourite scent of the lot, although it is floral, it was also light and fresh and something that I would wear on an everyday basis. 

Nina Ricci Nina Leau 
30ml EDP £24.99
Top notes: Apple, grapefruit mandarin and neroli
Heart notes: Accord wash with gardenia and a kick of cherry
Base notes: Musk
What I think: I love the look of the bottle for this scent the most, the perfume was strong and not too pleasant at first but after it settled it had a subtle musk scent.  

I’m in mixed minds about the box, I really enjoyed trying out different sets at home and having the chance to let them settle on my skin without feeling pressured in a store, but I am not sure I am someone who would get the best value from it.

However, I do think this  box would be ideal for anyone who is really into perfumes. It is a great way of trying the latest scents and making a purchase with the handy £5 discount. You are bound to like at least one of the scents and buying just one perfume would mean that you more than get your money back for the box purchase. Every bottle after that just makes it better value for money and I think in the run up to Christmas it would be a great way of picking up gifts for your girlfriends/family at a discount.

What do you think of the perfume Discovery Box, is it something you would sign up to?


I was kindly sent this box to review, but all thoughts are honest and my own.
Share:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig