Friday 26 April 2013

Beauty Angel at Cucumba

What was a long, long time ago now I attended an event to discover Beauty Angel, a non-invasive light treatment that uses Energising Light Technology (ELT). Treatment with the Beauty Angel can be used to help with skin issues such as ageing, texture, tone and scarring by using a broad spectrum of light (not UV though) to generate stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.

On the night I had a 5 minute session under the light and I immediately knew that I wanted to come back for the full treatment.

The Beauty Angel has short-term and long-term results including:
  • Increased moisture
  • A more glowing complexion
  • Refined pores and improved skin texture 
  • Soft, supple skin
  • Reduced small wrinkles on face and decollete 
  • Age and pigment spots fade
  • Reduction of swelling around the eyes 
  • Replenished collagen and elastin in connective tissue
  • Hair and nail growth
  • Positive effects on bones and tendons
Under the machine the light gets very bright but not so much that it is painful or uncomfortable. It also generates a lot of heat, so it gets nice and warm and it is very easy at this point to imagine you are lying on a beach somewhere.

The machine is on a timer and automatically switches off after the 20 minute treatment time. At that point it becomes very dark until your eyes readjust!

Although I don’t notice any immediate effects, in fact I think my skin looks worse, the next day my skin looks clear and bright. 
I opt to have a mini 10 minute facial before the treatment, which includes cleansing, exfoliation and a face mask that is left on while you are under the light, which Beauty Angel say helps the product to work better.

But the great thing about the machine is that you can use it while wearing makeup so of you only have a short amount of time or want an appointment during your lunch break, this is perfect for that.

If you follow me on Twitter you will know that a few months ago I damaged my skin with a home treatment that resulted in quite a nasty scar and I decided to use the Beauty Angel to help get rid of that.

I've had four treatments so far and my scar has faded significantly. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures but after hearing what the machine could do my mum also started having treatments to correct some sun damage/pigmentation she has on her neck and I will have a post showing the results she achieves.
If you are planning on targeting a specific issue, Beauty Angel recommend regular treatments for a few months and top up appointments after that, but I think a session under the light is great for a skin boosting treat before a special event.

I have my treatments at Cucumba, a salon just off Oxford Street in London. The staff are really friendly, helpful and accommodating. At Cucumba a Beauty Angel treatment costs £23.50 and £33.50 with the mini facial.

Would you try energising light technology?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig