Monday 1 April 2013

Sample session: Urban Decay Naked Foundation

After feeling inspired by Lisa Eldridge’s foundation video series, I decided to get my hands on a sample of Urban Decay’s Naked Skin foundation, which is the product that initially piqued my interest in trying liquid foundation again.

Urban Decay describe the Naked Skin as “weightless ultra definition liquid makeup,” which blurs imperfections to deliver a flawless finish that looks professionally retouched and feels invisible.

There are a total of 18 shades, each catering to different undertones, I was matched to shade 4, which is perfect for me. 
Aqua (Water/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tribehenin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol 

As you can probably tell from the picture the formulation is very watery but you only need a small amount of product to get a light to medium coverage and the foundation sets quickly. The foundation does have a very faint scent but it doesn’t linger. I applied using my fingers but have also used a brush to buff in the product.

The foundation gives a demi-matte finish and is very natural looking, so it is great for use on an everyday basis. I was told that the foundation is buildable but I didn’t find this to be the case. Although it was very good at evening out skin tone I needed to use a separate concealer for my scars.

Used alone, without primer or a setting with a powder, the wear time was between 6 to 8 hours, but using a primer I was able to wear it for over 12 hours without noticing any fading (with the exception of my scar).

I found that the foundation did highlight some of my driest patches, but overall on my dry skin I really liked the look and my skin felt smooth and hydrated throughout the day. I think that oily combination skin types will also like the finish and formulation of this and I had no problems with my skin breaking out in the week that I tested this. 

I am very tempted to purchase a full size bottle. At £27 it is expensive, but the formulation is worth it in my opinion.

If you are interested in Naked Skin I would definitely recommend getting a colour match and a sample from Urban Decay, the sample is meant to last over two weeks, which is plenty of time to get a feel for if you like the product.

Naked Skin can be purchased from Urban Decay online, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Beauty Bay and Look Fantastic.

Share:

2 comments

  1. Hiya hun, can i ask if you got the sample fro House of Fraser and do you think the shade range is good fro darker skin. Also have been loving the foundation series by Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I got my sample from the House of Fraser on Oxford Street. There are 18 shades and they seemed to go pretty dark so I would hope it would cover a lot of skin tones.


    I loved the video when she was talking about shade matching and when she applied that shade that was right for her skin but all over looked orange!


    Let me know if you check Urban Decay out, would be good to get your opinion on the foundation as well as the shade selection. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig