Thursday 14 May 2015

New beauty rules


I never expected that a location could change how I feel about makeup. Since moving to the Middle East I rarely put on a full face anymore, hardly spritz perfume as I go out the door and rarely treat myself to a pamper session.

So I am creating some new beauty rules for myself to change that.

1. Don't save anything for best. 
I had this habit before I left London, I would save certain products for special occasions, I don't know why. I currently have an untouched MAC blusher and highlighter, a Burberry lip pencil, and a tub of Radical Skincare exfoliating pads just waiting to be enjoyed. Partly I have been scared to use the things I know I can't repurchase here, but I figure it is better to enjoy them and deal with that issue when the time comes. 

2. Highlight. 
I love highlighters, I really should wear them every day just because it makes me happy.

3. Treat at least once-a-week. 
I can't help but think of that episode of Sex and the City and "secret single behaviour" and relate now. I used to spend many evenings watching my favourite YouTubers while giving myself a makeover followed by a facial. I would lie all my makeup out and just apply everything to my face, experimenting with colours and techniques, then remove it all and pamper my skin. I haven't done this at all since being married, and I should at least treat my skin to a face mask once a week.

4. Start wearing perfume every day. 
I've noticed my husband spritzes a perfume on himself before he leaves the house, I'm going to follow his lead and relocate a bottle near the front door so I don't forget.

5. Rotate my products. 
I have been using the same four products for months now, I have plenty of alternatives and in the interest of sticking to my first rule I really should make a point of rotating my stash more than I do. I seem to have a lot of makeup bags so I am planning to fill them with enough products for a full face, and then just rotate the bags regularly as well as the products in them. 

So that's the new beauty habits I plan on adopting, what would be yours?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig