Thursday 3 November 2011

Birthday indulgences - Boots, Superdrug and QVC haul!

I already mentioned that the end of last month was my Birthday. In the weeks leading up to it, I went overboard in indulging myself, with the excuse…it’s my birthday.

On the plus side for my blog and my readers it means I have lots of new products to share and review!

It all started with some special value offers from QVC, one of which was the Magnetic Nails Inc collection, which included all three polish colours available, the magnet and their Caviar top coat all for £23 including postage!



After the TOWIB event I was really keen to check out more of what Fashionista had to offer and headed to Superdrug’s Marble Arch store. The selection of eyeshadows was overwhelming and I took advantage of the 4 eyeshadows and a palette offer, twice!



At the time of my visit, I was travelling to a work event and had packed everything except mascara, so based on the store assistants' recommendation I went for the newest Rimmel offering (Scandaleyes) and also picked up two lipsticks to qualify for the 3 for 2. Having always ignored the MUA counter, I decided to try out one of their blushers and finally found the rose-gold blush from Sleek

As if that wasn’t enough, I was lured by Boots 3 for 2. I had wanted to try Nanoblur after reading so many blog posts about it, so my sister and I picked one up each. I wanted to pick up something of equal value to make the most of the 3 for 2 so I repurchased the No 7 protect and perfect serum, this is probably my fourth or fifth tube, although I don’t use it continuously I always notice positive effects when I have been using it.



I also spied a ‘Flo’, a travel-sized perfume container similar to the Travelo. What swayed me into purchasing this one is that the box claims that you can pull apart and wash all the components, allowing you to change the perfume inside rather than have to stick to the same one, which is what put me off the Travelo. I am using this at the moment so I will update you if that is actually true soon!

Of course after purchasing all that I ended up with a £5 No7 voucher, which I spent immediately by purchasing their newest mascara. With each mascara purchase you also received an eyeshadow palette. Bonus!

Finally, I was spoilt with some Benefit goodies from my sister, thank you sis!!  Two of these products had been on my wish list for a while, so it was lovely to be presented with the bag and find these inside.


I received the new ’They’re Real’ Mascara, Bella Bamba blush and Cha Cha tint. I have used two of these so far and will do a full review shortly.

In terms of makeup, there really is no need for me to purchase any more any time soon so I am thinking of putting myself on a spending ban or another project 10 pan just to control myself. I’m sure I’m not the only person who spoils themselves around their birthday? Please tell me I’m not!!

Share:

8 comments

  1. I’ll make sure the magnetic polish review is the next I do, I have already tested all of these!
    @Pandoras Box, Benefit is really easily available, larger Boots stores have stands, some department stores do too, and they have their own stores as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!! now that's an amazing haul can't wait to see those magnetic polishes in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, well I am very intrigued by it mostly. I haven’t tried it yet either but I’m hoping it will come in handy those times of the month where I could do with a bit of blurring! I read somewhere if you where liquid foundation you should apply it on top or for powder foundation you use it as a base. Will post a review soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul, I'm curious about those magnetic nail polishes. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I'm sure you're not the only one, although this is A LOT of stuff, haha! Good for you though :) Can't wait to see the reviews and really want some pictures of the magnetic nail polish.
    Love
    gabriellasofia

    www.hautefuture.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul girl! Really curious to see your review of magnetic polishes. Are benefit products available easily in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haulage but why do you need Nanoblur??? Ha ha ha you'll look 12 after you use it. I've not used mine yet apparently it goes over your foundation? How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul. I know how easy it is to get carried away in Superdrug or Boots. There's just so much choice and some pretty decent prices! The Fashionista eyeshadows look really nice. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig