Saturday 19 November 2011

Quick review: Rimmel ScandalEyes mascara

Scandaleyes is the newest offering from Rimmel London and the first of their mascaras that I have tried. I like the packaging, and the shape and size of the brush is a plus point in my opinion, but that is where the positives end for me unfortunately.


I have found in the past it takes me a few uses of a mascara before I like it, but this has consistently given  a poor performance for me.

The mascara claims:


The brush picks up a lot of mascara but this does mean that you have to be careful applying your coats as your lashes can end up transferring mascara on to the rest of your eye area.


It does clump, even with one coat, and your lashes end up so sticky with mascara that it is hard to brush them through, which I have never had to do anyway with other mascaras anyway.

Definitely not one I would recommend picking up. I’m consoled by the fact that I picked it up with a 3 for 2 and this was the freebie! Considering I have never been too hard to please when it comes to mascara, I am surprised how much I dislike this, let me know what your worst mascara is, so I know what to avoid!

Share:

6 comments

  1. Glad to know as I was going to buy this tomorrow!
    Love
    gabriellasofia

    www.hautefuture.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugggh I just tried Maybelline Cat Eyes (yellow tube) and it was almost exactly like what you describe from this one!! :( but I did get it to work for me with the comb, I cant find anything else to use at the moment so I have to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a review on Rimmel Sexy Curve Mascara. I wan't impressed at all. I guess we can say that Rimmel doesn't make the greatest mascara...lol.
    Thanks for joining in on our blog hop!!! I wanted to to return the favor by following your blog :))

    Kelly
    http://www.beautyobsessed2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually love Rimmel but that mascara actually looks messy! I can only imagine how much it must clump when applying. Thanks for the heads up! And thanks for sending me your link in the #bbloggers chat today, following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, i am following you...i hope you like mine too, Please follow me as i just started mine:
    http://deesbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where I live none of the stores carry Rimmel (which is strange) because I figured most drugstores in the US carried their products!!

    I found you through the Monday Blog Hop & am now following you!

    http://beautybyarielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig