Sunday 8 January 2012

Croc effect nails

Another nail effect from Barry M, this time croc effect!

This works slightly differently to the crackle effect polishes. You apply a thin coat of your base colour polish (I chose Barry M’s gold) and after a minute or two — before the polish dries — apply a layer of the croc effect. The polish takes a longer time to crack and cause the effect, approximately 3 minutes. This meant that I actually looked away and got bored of waiting for it and when I looked back it made it that much more of a surprise to see the finished outcome.


In this case my base colour only showed through very subtly, so I would like to try this again with a darker colour underneath and see to look.

I’m not convinced I like it yet, what do you all think?

Share:

9 comments

  1. Check the instructions on how to apply. The first time I used this I assumed it would be on dry nails and it didn’t work, then I realised you have to can’t apply it to dry nails and it worked much better. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definately had the croc polish for the summer loved it!

    http://uptowninfluence.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s true actually, it does look neater. I think the fact that it does look so croc like is what makes me unsure of it….but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really gorgeous but too similar to the crackle nail polishes so I think I'm going to skip this one... :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safira @ Miss Stylicious24 January 2013 at 00:33

    This actually looks gorgeous! I really like the croc effect - so much more than any crackle I have tried. Probably because it looks neater, but it does look like a croc effect too. Defo getting down to my Barry M counter to nab one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...I'm not sure this one has my vote either. I like the crackle effect the first month I saw it and then it exploded everywhere and I got tired of it. I like that this is a little different but it's still a crackle polish.

    I found your blog through the Beauty Blog Hop and am currently following. Please be sure to check out my blog as well. -Jen http://adventuresinbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love it! Much more nicer than the crackle, I got the Barry M crackle and hated it! Might have to purchase this, hope it comes in over colours too :)

    http://simplybeautifulx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not sure about the crackle - I bought one myself (a cheaper brand I can not remember the name of) and it just didnt work for me. I do like this black and gold combo though!

    I found your blog on the blog hop and am now following! please check out my blog and follow too!

    Kim

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never loved the crackle either but this one looks so neat I wish I had Barry M!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig