Monday 13 January 2014

Project 10 pan, take two

After being inspired by Addicted to OPI’s latest post, I decided to start my own project 10 pan choosing nearly empty products to give me that much needed motivation.

My mission to reduce my beauty stash is going well, I gave away a lot of makeup and skincare to Project Shoebox for Christmas, threw out old makeup and have steadily been making my way through skincare products, look out for an empties post this week.
Makeup generally takes longer to get through and I have a few items that were given a lot of loving when I first got them and then got forgotten as new things took their place. So I have decided to go back to these and make a conscious effort to use at least one item each day until they are all gone. 
1. Benefit Hello Flawless foundation. I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation when I first started using it, it has good coverage and a good finish. I know I can make this my everyday foundation and get through it quite quickly. Review here

2. Benefit Fakeup. I don't know why I stopped using this when I did, I imagine I'll be done with it by the end of the month if not sooner. Again this is a great everyday under-eye concealer option and in a hurry I use it on blemishes too. Review here

3. Benefit Erase Paste. This is a bit of an odd product, I've used it a lot but haven't really decide what I think of it, hence no review. I'm hoping by the time I finish, I will have made up my mind. 
4. ELF mattifying translucent powder. A completely impulsive purchase at the time. I’m not really one for using powders but now that I am experimenting with liquid foundation a little more I will use this to set. 

5. ELF complexion perfection. I remember when this was released and the YouTube world was all over it. I purchased it not really know what to do but used the pink and yellow powder to set concealer under my eyes and the green powder over blemishes, with a sweep of all four colours to finish my face off. Did it work to colour correct? Not sure, but I figure I can make up my mind as I finish it. 
6. Collection Creme Puff. I threw a lip product in because I am not sure I have ever finished one and this is a nice, everyday shade. Review here
7. Smashbox Photo-op undereye brightener. A beautiful under-eye brightening, highlighting product that just got forgotten about in my collection. 

8. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser. I have my review on this ready to post. It is one of my newer products, but shortly after I starting to use it, I dropped it and the twist mechanism broke so I depotted it and have been using it like this ever since. It’s not ideal and 

9. Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. I don't love this primer but it is the only one I own at the moment and I don't want to waste it. What is good about it is that being flesh tinted I can just use it to correct the colour of my eyes on days I don't wear any eyeshadow. Review here

10. Sleek Luminiare Highlighting Concealer. Another raved about product when it was first released that I never really to grips with using. I’ve realised now that it is probably a lot lighter than I need so I will probably use it as a highlight rather than a concealer. The packaging makes it hard to tell how much I have left but if I finish the other nine products and this is still going I may just retire it early. Review here.

I think I can be done with these by the end of February by using one or two products a day. How do you motivate yourself to finish products?
Share:

6 comments

  1. I'm going to do project 10 pan too, and hopefully I'll have a post up on it soon! I think this is an awesome way to use up products. I always get a weird sense of satisfaction when I use up a makeup item! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do the no-buy project pan. I always fail. I do, however, pull out products that I want to work on finishing up and put them in a separate container out in the open so I grab for them. I'm picking out new products now, but I'm having a hard time narrowing them down, and I don't want to overwhelm myself by choosing too many products. Good luck on your project 10 pan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive decided in January to buy no new beauty products unless it is an essential empty which needs replacing.


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, especially because it usually takes so long to finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a really good idea, I should do that with my other makeup products because I get in a rut and just use my favourites over and over until I am over them and forget them for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried doing a two out one in policy for a while, which was easier than an all out ban but I failed spectacularly at Christmas! Sticking to essential buys makes much more sense, even though sometimes I feel like I’m missing out on the new releases!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig