Wednesday 15 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014

After overspending at Christmas and then behaving myself by not indulging in sale shopping the arrival of this month's Birchbox was a much needed beauty pick me up.

The theme this month is 'Tiny Tweaks,’ in-keeping with the new year and resolutions, with the twist that instead of unrealistic, large resolutions that may not be kept, making a few 'Tiny Tweaks’ instead making them easier to keep.
Rather than post cards this month, the box included a booklet with 30 Birchbox-approved tweaks and I was very pleased to see that they have got rid of the drawstring bag and replaced with tissue paper.

So what was inside the box:
Tommy Guns Fig, Plum and Marshmallow conditioner (full price £5.50) 
I'm currently using a Tommy Guns shampoo and conditioner set, and have even been considering going "poo-free" to see how it affects my curls. So a conditioner suitable for curly, dry hair is a welcome sample. This is actually a full size product too so plenty for a proper test.
Benefit Porefessional (full size £24.50) 
I've just finished my second tube of Porefessional and have two backups in the cupboard. It's a good product but considering I know it well I would have preferred another Benefit goodie. I'm curious is there anyone that hasn't tried this yet?
Noble Isle Willow Song Bath and Shower Gel (full price £20) 
Another shower gel this month, hard to get excited about but I'm getting by with shower gel samples at the moment to avoiding spending so this is just in time.
Vasanti Detox Nutrient-rich Purifying Facial Cleanser (full size £18) 
Believe it or not I am actually low on cleanser supplies and like shower gel am working my way through samples. Vasanti is a new brand to me but I tend to avoid foaming cleansers so I'm not sure this will end up on my repurchase list.
Premae Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil (full size £9.50) 
Another brand I haven't heard of but this sounds like a beautifully, luxurious product to use after a bath or shower and much needed since the winter always leaves my body dry. 
Lifestyle extra Itsu Miso Soup (£2.25 for 3 sachets) 
I love miso soup, this will be missing the tofu and seaweed (I think that's what it is) that is normally included but it might be a nice option to keep at work for a cheap and warming snack. 

Another nice mix of products this month and I'm glad that the standard of samples has remained high now that Birchbox is celebrating its first birthday! Hopefully it continues to do so.

Tempted to sign up? The boxes cost £12.95 a month including postage and packaging, with discounts for six and 12 month subscriptions, see the link here!  
Share:

1 comment

  1. Looks like a great box - I was subscribed to birchbox and glossy box last year and I stopped them as the products were awful x


    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig