Thursday 10 January 2013

Leather look nails by Nails Inc

This post begins with a short backstory. Having created two beauty boxes as gifts this year, one for a fellow beauty blogger and another for my sister, my mum decided to do the same for me……..
Now don’t get me wrong I am actually very grateful for the socks and of course who doesn’t love a pamper voucher? But I still don’t think mum should be starting up her own beauty box company any time soon!

Now onto the reason for the post...
Nails Inc are releasing a number of nail effects polishes this year one of which is the leather effect. I was glad to get the tan colour as part of a leather and bling it on skulls set, which includes the polish, four faux gold skulls and nail glue. I love the tan shade, which suits my skin well and which I know I will wear all year round.
Of the nail effects polishes I own this is without a doubt the easiest to get right (remember the struggle with magnetic nails?) and is the quickest to apply. In total it didn’t take more than 15 minutes, including shaping and a base coat, to have finished and dry nails.
The polish applies smoothly but as it begins to dry the effect forms. The instructions state to apply the first coat, wait two minutes and then apply a second. Nails inc also recommend that you skip using a top coat since this would affect the finished look. You can then apply the skulls, using an orange stick and the nail glue to stick them into place, but for now I have decided to save these for a special occasion. I am hoping that the glue will secure them well enough so that I can recover and reuse them.

When using this for the first time, after applying the first coat, I smudged one of my nails and, rather than starting again, I carried on with the second coat and the effect masked the original smudge (can you spot where it was?) Your nails do feel rough to touch, which is odd at first but something that you get used to.

The polish lasted 4 days before chipping and considering that was without a top coat, I thought that was pretty impressive. Based on my experience smudging the polish, I think if you wanted to make your manicure last a few days longer, you could try reapplying the polish over any chipped areas.

I've read on other blogs that the leather effect is being released later this year, although the black and tan colour, as part of the set, are available now in Selfridges for £19. There is also a gorgeous deep red colour, which will be available too.

What do you think of the leather effect? Or have you had enough of nail effects altogether?

Share:

7 comments

  1. I don’t think you will be disappointed if you get it, it’s a nice twist on nude nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen swatches of the dark red one on Instagram and it looks fab! This colour is v me tho... I love nude tan colours. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red looks beautiful but I really need to stop buying nail polish! My collection is getting too big :-s x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gigglesandmakeup24 January 2013 at 00:27

    I'm not too sure what I think of this, iv seen it a few times! I'll have to give it a try!! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is one of those love or hate effects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who hasn't seen this anywhere? may be cause I'm staying away from the shops. Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t think it is out everywhere yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig