Sunday 13 January 2013

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix review

I didn’t expect any product to challenge my love of Alpha-H’s Liquid Gold…..but Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix has done just that.
I received these after attending a press event they held long before Christmas. On the day I was treated to a mini facial, which gave me a chance to get a feel for the products on my skin. The first thing I noticed about the glycolic pads was that they didn’t make my skin feel dry or tight, in fact they immediately made my skin feel smooth and hydrated.

The pads contain glycolic acid (the same star ingredient as liquid gold) and are recommended for use up to twice a day (morning and night). Very simply, you take the pads (which have a refreshing lemon scent) and sweep it all over your face and neck after toning and before moisturising.
I’ve already raved about how liquid gold treatment did wonders to brighten my skin, making it smoother, helping to clear up scars and reduce redness too. Having used liquid gold for so long, these have helped to maintain my skin condition, and I’ve used it as a 'top-up’ treatment. I only use these at night, and I like to skip using a moisturiser when I do. I have tried using these several nights in a row and I haven't had any problems with my skin drying out. I found that they are good for reducing redness as well as clearing up any small blemishes. Over time they are also good at faded scars and acne marks. Overall I think my skin looks clearer and more refined having used this.

I’ve used the tub over the last few months and I’m glad to report that the pads haven’t dried out. There are 60 pads contained in each tub, which if you use as instructed will last you 1-2 months, but I think you can get away with using these once or twice a week, depending on your skin condition, which means that it will last much longer.

Regardless of weather you’re using this in the morning or evening, whenever using glycolic products you should protect your skin during the day with a sunscreen. I read on All that Slaps review that the Nip + Fab product contains 4% glycolic acid. Liquid Gold contains 5% glycolic acid but even though it is a 1% difference the recommendations for frequency of use are quite different, unfortunately I don’t remember my chemistry days well enough to be able to explain why that might be.

The cost of 60 pads is £12.95, which is significantly cheaper than a bottle of liquid gold and makes this  a great value alternative product. Personally I will be skipping repurchasing liquid gold in favour of this for the purpose of keeping my skin in the condition it is in now.

Nip + Fab can be found in Boots as well as some department stores and online.

Share:

2 comments

  1. Does this help with acne craters? I have okay skin, not really blemished but I am looking to get smoother skin. Aside from microdermabrasion I can't think of anything else that would help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pitted scars and they haven’t gone completely but they don’t look as obvious, so I would definitely give it a try. I hope that with use over time they will fade even more x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig